Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Hoppy" Easter!

I L*O*V*E the Holidays!! I loved that it was Easter, and General Conference.

This weekend we started off the week by going to lunch with cute Grandma Anderson. We spent the afternoon with her on Friday, and then Steve and I cleaned the house, the cars, the Ford office building, and I did I mention we cleaned??? That's seriously ALL we did on Friday. We had fun with Grandma just visiting with her and it was a nice break from all the cleaning. (Hence the fact I look like ahem, poo. Seriously.) No make up, a hat..blah. But, we sure love Grandma Anderson! I'm glad that she doesn't live too far away.

Steve

Grandma Anderson and I


Saturday we had our annual tradition of DECORATING EASTER EGGS with our great friends, The Rappleye's. We seriously love these guys! We always have such a blast!

Our Easter eggs turned out AWESOME this year! Look at the colors!!

Steve and I
Cute lil' Deni
Tim, Deni and Marie


We had lunch, ($5 Little Cesar's Pizza, with crazy bread-SOO good) watched some conference, decorated our eggs, and of course just had a fun time hanging out. Time always goes by way too fast when we are with these guys. Because before we knew it, Steve and I had to be in Bountiful by 5:00 to meet up with Grandpa and Grandma Ford.

We met up with Grandpa and Grandma. Steve went to priesthood session with Grandpa, and I went with Grandma and met up with all the girls on Steve's side of the fam. We ate at "El Matador" a Mexican restaurant, which was really good. Then headed over to Sherrie's (Steve's aunt) for cake and some time to just hang out! I'm so happy that I was able to a girls night with everyone. Steve and Grandpa got home, so we went back to grandma's house and played games and ate WAY too much food. (I always eat so much at grandma and grandpa Ford's, it almost makes me sick!) We stayed up late just talking and enjoying each other's company.

Grandma and Grandpa Ford playing cards with us

Aunt Sherrie
Aunt Kathy


Keira and Shannon

Breanna, Brooke and Amanda (cousins)
Sunday morning came quick. Why do the weekends ALWAYS go by so much quicker than the weekdays?
Steve and I woke up to Grandma making pancakes for us. She's such a sweetheart. After breakfast, we watched conference and then I helped grandma with the Easter egg hunt.
Around noon, everyone started coming to grandma's for lunch. We had TONS of food! We all ate, talked, laughed, and enjoyed more of conference.
I love how every time I watch conference I feel so uplifted. It's amazing that each time, I always hear exactly what I needed to hear. It's like the talks were meant just for me. :)
After conference, Steve and I headed over to my parent's house. We also ate food, talked and then my mom did the Easter story with the Easter Eggs. We had a fun time with my family too!

Steve, Keira, Mom and Grandma


Dad reading

Tina, Kris, Kj, Dad
Steve!Steve and I are so blessed to have so many awesome family members and friends. We had a super fun Easter weekend! I'm so grateful to my savior and for the atonement, everything I have is because of him.
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Michelle and Travis said...

Looks like you had a eventful Easter weekend! You and Steve always do fun things! Aren't family and friends the best!!

Lindsay said...

Looks like a great Easter/Conference weekend! Lots of family, food, and fun!

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, that does sound busy! But very fun too!