Thursday, April 15, 2010

Be an Optimist.

My job did a Development week. Where we can sign up for a class that interests us. I choose to go to "Initiative starts with me."

The speaker shared an awesome story. This isn't a true story, but I loved the story so much I wanted to document it so I could go back and read it.

This is a story about two twin boys. One was a pessimist, the other an optimist. The father of the twin boys put the two boys into two separate rooms. The pessimist was put into a room full of electronic toys. He had tons of toys that he easily could be excited about and have fun with for a long time. The optimist twin was put into a room with a wheel barrel piled high with horse manure. The boy smiled when he saw what his father brought him.

A couple hours later, the pessimist twin comes crying to his father "I can't play with my toys, there is no batteries. My friends won't want to play with me now.." He kept finding fault in everything.

The father then also heard the optimist son. He was yelling excitedly "woohoo"! The father runs into the room and sees the optimist son throwing the manure everywhere. The father asks what he is doing? The optimist says "I know there's gotta be a horse in here somewhere!"

I thought the story was awesome. Its a great eye opener. It's easy to be like the pessimist when things go wrong in my life. But if I have an optimistic view, my life will be happier.

No comments: