Monday, April 12, 2010

Trip to Sweden

Steve has been wanting to go on a vacation so bad! Me too actually. But, with work, school and church callings we haven't had anytime to have a getaway. So, I planned a surprise trip to Sweden for Steve on Saturday night. Unfortunatley, we really aren't going to Sweden. I WISH. But, I made a "pretend" vacation get away right in our own home. Steve went on his mission to Sweden, and has been wanting to go back ever since. So, with the help of midgey (Kjersti) and Christina I made our Sweden trip possible. :)

I didn't let Steve come home from mom and dad Ford's until 6pm, so I could decorate and get dinner ready. When he came home I handed him these pretend airplane tickets...

Our airline tickets

It showed our destination would be SWEDEN. He was really surprised! Our "airplane" was our living room. And so we watched a movie on our flight. We managed to get first class on our flight, and we had the famous Swedish meatballs, gravy and lingon berry sauce. ( Compliments from Ikea.) With Sparkling Pear cider to wash it all down.

The movie was great, and the flight was perfect. Before we knew it, we were in Sweden. (If only it really took 2 hrs to get to Sweden..)

Kj and Christina helped me make Swedish signs around the house, we even made a Swedish flag out of streamers. So when you go through the streamers (in the hallway) we were in Sweden. (ha. I know, a little corny. But I thought it turned out great.)

"I love you" in Swedish

"Welcome to Sweden"


We found our B&B in no time. I had fun decorating our room. I put up "twinkle lights" around our window, so when we walked in the room, the room light up with the lights. I think it turned out pretty awesome!



"Welcome to Sweden"

Bed and Breakfast in Swedish

Steve loved it! And to end our Sweden vacation, the next morning we had HUGE cinnamon rolls and a Swedish Juice.

It was a fun little get-away! (Even if in reality, we were home the entire time) I hope someday we can really travel back to Sweden, and see where he went on his mission. But for now, I think he liked it. Actually, I know he did.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are THE cutest wife EVER! What a sweetheart! Looks like a ton of fun! I'm sure Steve knows how lucky of a guy he is to have you! So cute.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! This idea is tooo cute!! I'm so stealing this for Gavin's mission! I loved all the details! You may need to post a tutorial on the airplane tickets! :P

Tricia L said...

How fun!! That is so cute! My dad and one of his sisters served in Stockholm and their dad/my grandpa was mission president there, so my dad ended up living there for 7 or so years. He claims it as his home. I want to visit there. I've heard it's amazing! And isn't the language so beautiful? I took a year of swedish in college and loved it. You're awesome for doing that for him! Lucky guy.

The Cook Clan said...

What a stinkin fun idea!!! You are so creative!!!

Krystal said...

That is such a cute idea. How creative. I love how you did that for him. I bet it meant a lot. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Meg said...

That is so cute!!! I might have to do that for Patrick and Germany. Too bad our kids will probably make it not as believable. You guys are the cutest couple I know, REALLY!

Megs said...

Thats such a cute idea! I love it. You guys are so cute. We need to do another cousin game night so i can see everyone!

kallina said...

Keira, you are so creative! That looks like so much fun! I totally love that idea :).

The Belshes said...

That is the cutest thing EVER!! Very creative :)