Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What's up.

yep. Another post. I'm just chillin' at work waiting for some calls to kick in. I'm not complaining. I love when it's like this.

I figured I would just write what's on my mind. or what comes to mind.

Life has been really busy. It's almost a little overwhelming. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights are packed to the max. Here's how my schedule is every week.

Monday: work from 7:30am-6:05pm
Tuesday: work from 7:30-6:05pm/7:00 pm Volleyball practice (yep, I'm an assistant coach as well for yw)-kind of funny because I have NO experience what so ever with sports.. /8:00-9:30pm ballroom dance
Wednesday: work from 7:30am-6:05pm/YW activity 7:00pm-8:30 sometimes closer to 9ish
Thursday: work from 7:30am-6:05pm/6:45 or 7:00pm volley ball games
Even though my week is pretty busy, and somewhat overwhelming. I'm kind of grateful for it. I get to spend A LOT of my time with the young women. Which I absolutely love. I love the girls. I call them my girls. They help fill my void of no kids (for now). So grateful that heavenly father has given me this calling.

Steve has been busy looking at applications and filling out applications for school. Woot woot. Another step in our life. SO excited for Steve and what our future holds. I wonder if we will be staying here or moving somewhere for the next 3-4 years? Hopefully staying. I have a hard time leaving family and our good friends. BUT wherever we end up, Ill be grateful. Ill still be with the most important person in my life so I'll be happy.

Last night Steve and I went to a Fire Safety meeting with Dan and Carrie. I was pretty much stoked we got a free steak dinner, but I learned SO much. I never, ever, ever think about being in a fire or witnessing a fire etc. It's not something that comes past my mind. Which is really careless of me. Steve and I took out our batteries in our fire alarm, oh I don't remember..maybe 3 months ago and never put them back because it kept going off when we were cooking sausage or bacon..pure stupidity. If we had another fire we would have no warning! It just put this whole new prospective on fire safety and how I need to get more on top of things. For one not taking out our batteries, or if we do replace them for pete's sake!
When we got home we starting thinking of plans of what we are going to do in case of an emergency. Where we will meet, what we will do. etc. I feel more prepared now. So that's a plus.

I'm content with how life is now.

I'm counting down the day's until we go on our week vacation to DISNEYLAND with the Rappleye's!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited. Disneyland is one of my very favorite places. I'm totally a kid at heart.


I just discovered these babies! Now one of my very fave's.




I can't wait for the season of Chuck to start up again-Sept 20th! Our anniversary. Thank goodness for Tivo.
Oh and speaking of our anniversary. We will be married for 4 years! whoa. Time just fly's. I thought for sure by now we would have a little bambino in our lives. But, not so. It's kind of funny how you think something or have something planned out, and it NEVER seems to go the way you had planned. hm. That's how life goes though.

Yay for Ballroom tonight! I love that Steve now randomly turns on Michael Buble and says "Let's practice what we've learned." So stink'n cute. And romantic might I add.

Today I've been debating on maybe going back to school to just get my associates. REALLY random thought. Steve and I both decided when we were first married we would just put him through school. I kind of want to go back...I just don't know when Ill have time? Maybe I will...

Alrighty, I'm done carrying on. There's some randomness.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Random is the best! We went to one of those fire safety dinners too - very cool. And I need to try those pretzel M&M's - yum! Good luck with your week!

Marie said...

Hooray for Disneyland! Why can't it be next week!?! We're so excited! Deni's new favorite is Peter Pan and she wants to meet "Queen Quook"...meaning Captain Hook :) Can't wait! Those pretzel M&M's look so yummy I'll have to try them! The next time you're at our house I'm going to turn on Michael Buble and see if Steve busts a move :)