Friday, August 20, 2010

LAKE POWELL 2010

WHY oh why do vacations have to go so fast?! Steve and I got home this afternoon from our very much needed vacation. Steve is busy studying for the PCAT exam! Ah so exciting!! He takes it tomorrow morning. :) I decided I would write about our trip while its still fresh on my memory.
Ever stayed on a houseboat? I seriously love it, but every now and then I'm still feeling like I'm still on the boat, so I still feel like I'm in motion. Okay, funny story before I talk about the trip.
On our drive home Steve and I stopped in Price to grab some food and when we got out of the car we both took huge steps and kind of wavered a bit. I swear if you saw us you would think we were either A.-two drunks or B.-two little kids learning how to walk. We just laughed and got a good kick out of it.

Okay, Any who. Our trip was an absolute blast! I wish it never ended. I LOVE boating. I LOVE it. Everything about it makes me happy. I always tell Steve I married him for the boat. Ha ha. Okay that's absolutely NOT true, but it sure helped seal the deal! ;)

This year's trip we...
-Skied every day!!!!! :)
-Tubed until my arms couldn't hold on any longer
-Cliff jumped! Yeah that's right. I cliff jumped. I'm usually terrified of heights, but with a little of peer pressure, and Steve and Whit holding my hand-I DID IT!!!
-Wake boarded. I thought I would give this another shot. Bruised my nose, cheek and chin up pretty good. WHAT was I thinking?? I thought I could try one of Steve's tricks-He makes it look soo easy.
-Ladies shampoo party
-The slide is always a blast. Oh and going down the slide and trying to land on the tube at the bottom while standing. Super hard. But way fun.
-Steve studied his booty off for the PCAT, but also still made time for lots of play time!
-Rainstorms that created AWESOME waterfalls
-Games every night with the fam-Woot woot.
-Spiritual thoughts every night-Always loved these.
-Teeter totter with Whit-BAH HAH HA!!
-Tons of SUPER good food.
-Late night talks/laughter
-Steve became the official mice killer. so gross.
-The "Tom Cat" on Steve's Iphone was seriously so funny. "Bob rocks the boat, so stop it."
And then to top everything off. Late last night Steve, Brylee, Whit and I were all in our bedroom laughing and talking. I don't even remember falling asleep, but when I woke up Whit was on one side of the bed and Steve on the other. This was NOT a comfortable nights rest, I woke up mult times. I was in the middle of these two. Anyway, Whit talks in her sleep. I wake up to whit saying "I was thinking of some cool things to do, maybe we could do some tricks Keira Beira." I just busted up laughing. In the middle of the night. I couldn't stop laughing. She said it how she normally would when she's awake with this little accent thing. It was so funny. Okay, you had to be there.

Here's some of the pics!














I seriously LOVE Lake Powell and I'm so grateful for my in law family. Steve and I had a blast and we can't wait until next year's trip!!

P.S. We missed you Jason and Shannon!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

How awesome! Looks like a BLAST!

Jenny said...

I didn't know Brad and Lisa and fam were going too! SO FUN! Are Jase and Shannon home yet?

Erin said...

How fun! You look tan. When are you coming to visit?

Marie said...

Looks like you guys had fun and you got way tan! We're glad you're back :)