Saturday, September 4, 2010

Now they are 8!

Steve and I were invited to go to my primary kid's baptism's. I was pretty excited. I taught these kids when they were only 4 and now there 8! It blows my mind how quickly time goes. I seriously love these kids, and I'm so happy that I got to spend such a special day with them.
4 of the kids had there baptism day today. How neat is that? They are all really good friends too.
The spirit was so strong, and it was like a proud mom moment. Not that I'm there mom OBVIOUSLY. But, seeing them "glow" as they were dressed in white standing with there dad's was a pretty amazing experience. I love these kids. Steve loves them too. This was my first calling in this ward. I have a lot of really good memories. For one- I think it helped us get to know more people in the ward. It was a little hard for us to get to know people in the ward (a lot of the people had kids and are quite a few years older than us, so we didn't have a ton in common) Two, I met one of my very best friends-Marie. We taught together.
We LOVE our ward. I never want to move out of it. Someday we will have to though. Can't live in our basement apartment forever.
Anywho, it was a perfect way to start our Saturday morning.

Dallin, was another one who I taught but he doesn't turn 8 until next month. He sat by me during the baptism's. This was our conversation.
Me: Dallin your sure getting big! Stop growing up will you?
Dallin: No way, I want to be big
Me: What grade are you in now?
Dallin: 2nd but I want to be in college
Me: (laughing, and pretty surprised he would say he wanted to be college) Why do you want to be in college?
Dallin: I want to be in college so than I can take over my dad's business. He's going to get old and Ill be the manager.

LOL!!! Oh my goodness. How I miss hearing what these kids have to say! They always had something clever to say.

What a special day though. What a great reminder for me of how special my baptism day was. I hope these kids never forget it.

Here's pics of four of the kids, for some reason I don't have a picture of Amanda. (This is when I taught them so they were 4 only 5 years old)

Colton

Amber

Dallin

Cody-This is him now. I used this pic from his baptism invite! :)

No comments: