Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blast.

I just read this on Ksl.com and I really wish I would of known about this. I used to go to school at UVU, and I really I wish I could of been there to listen to Leigh Tuohy.


I completly LOVED the movie "Blind Side". I found it motivating, and inspiring. Sandra Bullock is one of my very fav actress's and I think this one of the best film's she's done.

Here's the article, I highlighted my favorite things...



Family behind the movie 'The Blind Side' speaks at UVU
February 2nd, 2010 @ 2:14pm
By Randall Jeppesen
OREM -- Members of the family that inspired the
Academy Award-nominated movie "The Blind Side" spent the day at Utah Valley University. Leigh Anne Tuohy, who was played in the movie by Sandra Bullock, told the students miracles can happen when you don't judge people or underestimate their value.

Did you know…
The "Blind Side" opened in 3,110 theaters on Nov. 20, 2009 grossing $34,510,000 on its opening weekend. The movie hit $200 million on Jan. 1, 2010, becoming the highest grossing football movie and sports drama of all time.

"Someone today you will pass and in your mind you will place a value on them," said Tuohy. "The problem is, a lot of times we don't know the true value of that person."
Tuohy said the movie did a good job at staying true to the story of how they offered their home to Michael Oher and took him off the streets.

Who is… Michael Oher?

Michael Oher, an offensive tackle, was the 23rd pick of the first round in the 2009 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens. Oher spent much of his childhood in foster care or homeless. In high school Oher met Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy, who took him in, helped motivate him in the classroom and on the football field. Oher was heavily recruited by a number of Division 1 schools before deciding on and eventually starring at the University of Mississippi. Oher started all 16 games of the 2009 season at right tackle for the Ravens.
Oher is now a starting player in the NFL, making millions instead of being what he almost was according to Tuohy: a bodyguard for a gang member.
Tuohy says it was a great surprise to get a call this morning in her Orem hotel room and hear the movie had picked up some Academy Award nominations: The movie was nominated for Best Picture, and Sandra Bullock was nominated for Best Actress for the role of Leigh Anne Tuohy.
She told the students it doesn't matter to her if the movie wins awards or not. To her, the purpose of the movie is to inspire people to help others, and if it does that, it was a success.

I think Leigh Tuohy is a great example of how we should be, and how we should look at others. Her and her family completly changed Michael's life.
Holler! I'm off of work in 20 min!! :)

2 comments:

Nathan and Alyssa said...

It's fun to see what you've had going on in your life! Your recipes look yummy, too! Thanks for stopping by on my blog.

Krystal said...

that would have been really cool to go to. I still haven't seen that movie but im dying to see it.