Monday, February 8, 2010

Book Club anyone?

This weekend was great.I went to one of my best's Thrive party (food storage) on Thursday night. It's amazing how great the food is, and I'm really excited to have some food storage.
Check out the website here: http://www.shelfreliance.com/

I've been wanting to start my own food storage, but it's always been hard for me to know where to start. I always get a little overwhelmed by it. Yesterday, in Sunday school we actually talked about moses and the ark. Our teacher gave a great analogy. It was a no brain-er for his family to get onto the ark when they new the flood was coming. But, for us, the prophets tell us all the time to get prepared and to have food storage. Food storage is not only meant for a disaster, but I also know it's times when there is financial problems too. A while ago, my dad had lost his job, and my family of 8 all lived off of our food storage. Our Sunday school teacher also said how important it is for us not to feel overwhelmed and to just do a little at a time, because eventually it will build up. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

What else?.... Friday we went out to dinner with Kris and Christina (Kris' Girlfriend). We met up with them in Provo and ate at TEPANYAKI. My very favorite place to eat. We had fun talking with them and seeing them. Christina moved back to Cali for a job, and will hopefully be back soon. I seriously love that girl. She fits perfectly in our family, and I hope someday she could be my sister in law. Tina needed to pack still, so we left them, and then went to the Ford's house to hang out with Jason and Shannon. We don't get to see them very much because they live in Logan, so it was really fun.

Saturday Kartier cut and colored my hair. I really like it a lot, I think it's a good change. I can never make up my mind how I want my hair. Mom, Dad and I went and visited with Great Grandpa Joe. Went to Whit's track meet, which was fun to watch Whit, but it took seriously over 2 hours...way too long.
Then we hang out with Tim, Marie and Deni! Seriously love these guys.

Sunday was the Superbowl party at the Behunins. We had TONS of great food, great people to hang out with, and the game was pretty fun to watch. (For the last two quarters anyway) Football games are WAY too long. WE had a great time.

That sums up our weekend...

oh and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a book club? I was thinking of making a book club blog. Where I post a book and everyone read it, and everyone takes a turn each month with what book we read. Then we can comment on the book we read, what we like about it etc.. or maybe even meet up each month? I don't know. Any suggestions or any ideas feel free to let me know. I just thought this might be a fun idea! Anywho, shout out your ideas, or if it's something you want to do.

*I'll post some pics when I get home!

5 comments:

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I think a book club would be a great idea! I would definitely be interested. I love reading. I would love to post some of your recipes on my food blog! I've seen a couple on here that you've mentioned that look sooo good! So if you have any favorites, feel free to email me at jennifer.arthur@hotmail.com if you have pics of them, that's great, if not, I can just take pictures of them as I make it, like I did with the salsa. either way is great!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I can't wait to see your hair!

The Cook Clan said...

What a fun idea! Hey I can't remember how to change the message. I think you go to customize, settings, then comments. Its in there, I think.

Anonymous said...

Hey Keira! I'd love to do a blog-bookclub thing!

The Holt's said...

Book club blog....I love the idea! If you get it going, let me know! I love to read books and I'm always looking for new suggestions!