Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just thinking.

well, today's been an alright day. Really long. I wish that I could be done with work for awhile and just go on a vacation. I get so burned out sometimes taking call after call, but every job gets tiresome right? My job really isn't so bad. I have great benefits, fun people to work with, and they just set up a wii system in our break room. So, that's a nice change. I just feel like writing, so whatever I'm thinking, I'm writing.



First of all a BIG THANKS to everyone who responded on my previous post. I really appreciated every one's opinions. I think for now I'm NOT going to make our blog private, not until we have the kiddos. Which I hope will be sometime in the near future. Seriously. Waiting is so hard for me. I've always liked to plan things out and have things happen when I'm ready. Of course that's not the way it goes, it's always in the lords time. At first I was pretty dang upset that we weren't getting prego right when we started trying, but now I'm fine with it. Completely. I think it was/and still is a great learning experience for me, and right now I'm focusing on me and Steve.


I think it was a blessing that heavenly father had me called to be in the Young Women's and not with all the primary/nursery kids at the time that he did. Young women's is serioulsy so inspiring to me, and i'm even working on my Personal Progress. Which I'm SOOO excited about. I thought I had received my Yw recognition, but when I was talking to my mom I never got it. I don't know exactly the reason why I never got it, I think I had everything passed off but the last project. Anyway, that doesn't matter now. But, I'm able to work on personal progress, and I can tell such a difference in myself. I know that it's strengthening my testimony even more, and helping me focus on myself. What talents I have, and what I can do to be a better daughter of god. I'm having more confidence in myself when I'm teaching the girls now to. I absolutely LOVE this calling. I'm so happy that I get to work with the yw. I think they are teaching me more than I am teaching them. Oh and I CAN'T wait until we go to girl's camp in July! :-)


What else? um, Steve and I have been watching the Olympics every night. It's been a lot of fun. My favorites have been Lindsay Vonn, Apolo Ohno, shaun White and all of the ice skating! I LOVE it. I'm not generally lovin' watching sports, but they have been really fun to watch. The athletes make everything look so easy, I wish I could ice skate and ski like them. Sheesh. That's never going to happen...


Kolten's been in the MTC now for 2 weeks. I still can't believe my baby bro is in the MTC. He said he likes it, and the language is coming a long. So that makes me happy. We got our first letter from him today!! Finally! I seriously couldn't wait to hear from him.


Something to look forward to-this weekend Steve and I are getting family pics! We haven't had anyone take a professional picture of us since our wedding/engagement. Our good friends Dan and Carrie have their own photography business and they are going to be taking the Urban style of pics for us. Ah! so exciting! :) I seriously can't wait for the new pics. I'm really getting tired of my bridals hanging on our walls.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wii in the breakroom?! Nice! I'm in the YW's too! I'm the Personal Progress adviser but haven't been motivated to do PP again, till I read your post. It got me thinking, maybe I should do it too? I just feel swamped with working full-time and being a part-time student, but I know it would help me grow & strengthen me. Good luck with the kiddos!!

Heather Strong said...

Ha ha I love the label "ramblings". Cute. We have been waiting for what feels like forever to me to have baby #2 and I am really started to struggle with it, so I feel your pain! I know that when we do get pregnant again, everything will be fine and what not. I actually was going to blog about it but didn't dare and I don't know why. You have given me the courage! Thanks!