Thursday, February 25, 2010

Awesomeness

I've been completely in heaven lately reading my Grandpa Anderson's mission journal. I've never met my grandpa he died when my dad just got home from his mission. I've always felt like my grandpa is sort of like a guardian angel for me. With one specific reason, but I can't really share that on the blog.
Anyway, I've loved reading things that he writes. He has such a funny personality, and the stuff he says is something completely my dad would say. I've heard that my dad and grandpa were really similar, I've never really found out for myself how much they were until I've been reading this. I look forward to reading it, and it just makes me want to learn more and more about my ancestry. :)
I think I might start up genealogy. I used to think that was for old people, and that it's really boring stuff. I've had a change of mind/heart towards it now because of the happiness I feel when I'm reading this journal. Anyone know how to do genealogy?
Alrighty, I just wanted to jot that down. I've been posting lots this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genealogy has never been easier than it is right now! the new family search website it SO easy! As you add people to your family tree it will tell you when/if the Temple Work has been done! Then if work does need to be done it adds that person to a list for you (once you click a button) and voila! you go to the list, print, and take it to the temple. Then they print the cards for ya there. It's AWESOME! Gavin and I go between searching for people on FamilySearch and Ancestry.com. You have to subscribe to Ancestry.com but it's totally worth investing in a short subscription b/c they have so much information and documents!

You can also get involved in indexing through the LDS site too.

Good luck!! Email me if you have questions and I can send you a screen shot tutorial!

shauna.holt2@gmail.com

Jenny said...

Um...ask Sharon!!! She knows everything about genealogy!! Really, ask her. I'm sure she'd love to help you get started!