Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kolten's on his way...

Well, Kolt's in the MTC now. I can't even believe he's already there, today almost seems like a dream.

Last night we were able to go as a family to Gecko's and have some great food, and just spend time with one another. After dinner, we went to the church and Kolten was set apart as a missionary. It was a really neat experience, and I'm so grateful that everyone in my family was able to be there to witness it. (Kris and Tina were there too, but for some reason I don't have a pick of those two.)

Steve and I
Kody, Jade, Carson
Kjersti
Chris and Kart
Dad and Mom
This morning everyone went over to my parent's house and we had a family breakfast. We talked, laughed and cried until we needed to go.

Cute Grandma Anderson wanted to see Kolt again before he left, so we hit up grandma's house. We then made our way to Provo. The drive there was a little quiet, I think just because Kolt was letting it all soak in and that he would be serving for 2 years.


The church changed how you drop off the missionaries now. I still have mixed feelings about it, but it's for the best. You are allowed to only bring one vehicle, no one goes inside you just drop your missionary off and there on their way. I'm sure it's A LOT better on the missionaries, so it's not dragging out the time that they have with the family to say goodbye. My family is big, so not all of us were able to take him to the front where they dropped him off. So, we said our goodbye's in the front of the Provo temple. My parent's said it seriously only took 2 minutes for everything to take place. (dropping off)


I know Kolten's going to be missed, but everyone is really happy for him and his good example. The people in Ventura, CA are really lucky to have Kolten as a missionary there.


4 comments:

Janeen said...

that's so awesome! what a cute little brother!

Jolynne said...

How cute! The two years will go by fast! I know its late getting back to you! I can do lunch tomorrow! you can text or call me
801-471-4577

Ps remember our old roommate Amber...Well I saw her on saturday night! Crazy!

Heather Strong said...

Reading your post brings a wave of emotions back from when I was going into the MTC, and wondering what kind of crazy shenanigans I was getting myself into! They are such happy memories and he is going to have such a great time! It is much harder on the families than it is on the missionary... It is so awesome to see the worthy young men in this world and that they make the sacrifice to serve a mission. So awesome!

Jenny said...

How exciting! It's so bitter-sweet though isn't it?! I see your labels are working now!