Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kolten's Farewell



Bitter-Sweet. Is what describes my feelings right now. I'm super excited for Kolt to go on his mission, and I know that's where he belongs, but knowing that I'm not going to see my baby brother for 2 years, is pretty dang sad.
Kolt's mission farewell was today, and it couldn't of turned out better. Seriously. He did such a good job. My brother's and my dad have never been one's to speak about feelings, or express there feelings. It's not a bad thing, it's just how they are.

Kris, and Kolten's farewell talks give a real feel for how they feel inside, and how they bare testimony of the gospel. It's amazing. It makes me so happy to know that my siblings love the gospel and want to serve the lord for 2 years of there life. I know that a mission is great for young men and it helps them become better people. Steve always tells me that he wouldn't of had it any other way. He's so happy that he was able to serve in Sweden. He loves the people, and he said the mission has made him a better person.

After Kolt's Farewell, everyone came to my parent's house and we had TONS of great food. It was a lot of fun spending time with family and close friends. I'm really excited for Kolt. I know he will be an amazing missionary.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't believe he's leaving already! I'm glad he did well with his talk! I'm sure it will be so hard for me when Adam leaves too - it's crazy our baby brothers are so old, huh?

Jade said...

thats a cute post i love reading your blog. you are so cute keira! thanks for being my friend! yes not this weekend but the next lets make some valentine things okay?? call me. i want to make these for my sisters and my family do you like them? go to this link
http://www.twigandthistle.com/blog/2009/02/diy-sweetheart-brownie-valentine/