Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Great Grandpa Joe

Oh how I love this man!!! This last weekend, was a special one.

Steve, Whit and I were able to first spend the afternoon with Grandpa and Grandma Ford. We all went to Robintino's for lunch, and then we all went back to their house and played the domino game-Mexican Train. It was so much fun!! Grandpa even played! We of course loved every minute of it, and left with packed bellies! I swear I gain a couple pounds by the time I'm done eating there! :)
Once we left Grandpa and Grandma Ford's, we went and visited my Great Grandpa Joe. I haven't seen him since July. Grandpa moved to "The Coventry" a month ago, so he's a lot closer to us now. Which is awesome!! I'm so happy. I want to try and visit him once a week.

It was so nice to just sit and visit with him, and then we even sat and talked while he had dinner. Great Grandpa Joe has always had a special place in my heart. He's always been there to talk with me, and make me laugh. And no matter what, I always get a hug from him. It's hard to see my Grandpa get older. It's even harder to see him without my Great Grandma. They celebrated 68 years, on earth and then Grandma died in 2006, and I know that's its taken a toll on Grandpa. Grandpa and Grandma even won the Sweethearts award by Gov Leavitt in 2003. They are the perfect example of how a couple should be and how you should treat your spouse.

It was such a nice time to visit him, I've missed him a lot. It gets hard to go and see him though, I don't like that he's getting older. I sure love him, and I'm so happy that he's still here with us. I still can't believe that's he's 93!

My mom let me borrow the Biography of Great Grandma. My cousin and great aunt video recorded my grandma talking about her life and she had a ton of stories! I'm so grateful to them for doing that. Steve and I watched the video together, and I felt like Grandma was actually there talking to us. It made me laugh, and made me cry. I'm so very grateful for my great grandparents, and for my grandparents. They have taught, and are still teaching me so much. They make me laugh, and make me so happy. Grandparents always have unconditional love.

This was a really great weekend, I'm so happy that we were able to spend so much time with our Grandparents. :)

2 comments:

Janeen said...

We have been so blessed to have such great examples in our lives. Great Grandma and Grandpa Elfors were one of them. I loved the video of Grandma - and am so grateful to Ilene and Tamilisa for making it. We are truly blessed to have Great Grandpa still in our lives. He is a very sweet man - who loves everyone. We have been so blessed to have such a great heritage. Thanks for your sweet comments - and for being such a great daughter. Love ya!

Lindsay said...

That's so neat. It's tough to see grandparents grow older! Sometimes I feel like my grandparents are the only people in the world that truly love me for exactly who I am. What a blessing to have them, right? Sounds like you guys had a great time!