Monday, October 25, 2010

Disneyland Trip part 1

Steve and I FINALLY went on our Disney trip!!! We've been planning it for months and it finally came. Unfortunately, the waiting took forever and our trip flew by. Dang. That's how it always is though.
It's usually just Steve and I on our trip's, but this time we went with our besties-The Rappleye Fam! Big surprise? I think not.
We met up on Saturday, the 16th after Steve took the PCAT exam. We decided we would all just ride together to Cali. SO, we all piled up into the Rappleye's Honda Pilot. Were we crazy?? A little. Driving 10 hours to Cali is so SUPER long!! Seriously.
ANYWAY. So, yeah, driving wasn't the highlight of the trip, BUT we had a BLAST. Plus, I was able to sleep like 80% of the time in my back seat. SO, I really am not complaining.
Saturday night we drove to VEGAS and stayed with the Rappleye's friends-The Burt Family. This family was super nice. They're down to earth, and very giving. We all stayed up watching and laughing at a Brian Regan DVD. We all crashed and woke up to them making us a nice breakfast. Love 'em.
Sunday, the 17th: we got back on the road again and drove....drove...drove...ate....watched Carebears....Beauty and the Beast...Leapfrog(choices picked by cutie patootie Deni)..mancala ipod matches with Steve...sleeping...sleeping...
We didn't get to Palm Springs until around 5:30ish. We stayed at the Palm Canyon Resort and Spa. It was a really nice place. We were all worn out from the drive so we relaxed when we got there. We checked out our pool and our place that we were going to be living out for the next week.
Monday, the 18th: Disneyland BABY!!! I am such a kid at heart. I love, love, LOVE Disneyland. I love everything about it. Okay, maybe not the crowds...but other than that I love it. Steve and I went in 2007 during Christmas time, and we loved how everything was decorated for Christmas. I couldn't wait to see how it would be decorated for Halloween.
We were both pleasantly surprised to see the streets decorated with all the Halloween Decor. We had a BLAST the entire day!

On our way to Disney! Woot-Woot!

Lol. I look like a dork. I look like a giddy kid-look at my face! BUT the main focus of this pic is that We are in front of the DISNEY gates! Check out the October Decorations!

Steve & I

Here's some of things we did...

While we ate, we watched "Jedi Training Academy"
Random kids from the crowd were able to learn how to be a Jedi and fight Darth Vader.

The little guy fighting Darth was so super cute. He seriously thought he was Luke Skywalker.

Splash Mountain

yes, we take pictures of the picture. So much more cheaper that way.

Pirates of the caribbean Ride

One of my favorites. I love how realistic everything is!

Haunted Mansion
I wish I could say we actually rode the ride..but the line was FOREVER long. I think we waited an hour and it barely moved. So, we got out of line.

Matterhorn
Fun. Just Fun.

Space Mountain
Loved it! It was super turn-y though, made me feel a little motion sick.
My head is covered in this pic, but look at Steve just having a blast!

Finding Nemo
Dang. You can barely see the submarines..if you look close you can see them. SUPER cute ride.

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
LOVE this ride. I could definitely improve on my score though! I love how serious Steve and I are in this pic we are determined to hit those targets!

Before we knew it, it was already time to go. THANK goodness we still had one more day of Disneyland! I seriously couldn't wait until the next day.
Our drive home I slept. Ever since I was super little cars put me to sleep. NOT when I'm driving, but when I'm the passenger. I just get so relaxed it pretty much rocks me to sleep.
Any who We all had a great time!!
The next day at Disney was a different story. Okay, not completely but there was one BIG downfall.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

How FUN! Looks like a blast! What a fun trip. Oh yeah - and Thriller is done at Kingsbury Hall at the U of U every year, and you would LOVE it! You totally have to go!