Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cupcake in a Jar.


I found this cute and yummy recipe at http://www.joyshope.com/

I can't wait to make them for some friends and family!


Here's the recipe:

1. Find any box of you're favorite cake mix
2. Follow directions on the box and put the batter in a cupcake pan.
3. While the cupcakes are baking...
4. Make the frosting
Here is the C&H 5 minute buttercream recipe:
1 box powdered sugar
1 stick salted butter at room temp.
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine and beat until creamy.

5. When the cupcakes have cooled, place one with the bottom side down, into each jar
6. Put another cupcake on top of the first layer of frosting, add even more frosting
7. Screw the lid on and make a cute top with ribbon and fabric.

Simple.

The possibilites are endless though, I've seen some where you add sprinkles and different colored frostings etc..


4 comments:

Erin said...

those are super cute. I wish we lived closer so we could make fun things like that together.

Marie said...

We need to have another craft day and do this! So cute!

Krystal said...

i love that idea maybe I will have to try it myself.

ashleyandcody said...

That is such a cute idea!