Saturday, July 31, 2010

Late night Ramblings.

Whelp, it's 11:00 pm. I'm not even tired. Steve's snoring on the couch.
We've had a long and busy weekend.

I slept on our ride home for 2 hours...maybe that's why I'm not sleepy?

Thursday, after work we drove to Manila and spent time at the cabin with the Ford fam. We were able to go boating a ton! AND I'm getting better and better at water skiing. Which really makes me happy.
I'm counting down the days until we go to Lake Powell.
We also went to the lake and kayaked. Steve and I found a beaver dam.
Whit found a leach.-so gross.
Ate lots of great food.
Played games.
Relaxed and listened to the water on the lake.
Went on a walk with Steve.
My pasty white skin got a little color. :)
AND Bob put in a fire pit. SO fun!!! Every night we would sit around the camp fire and talk and roast marshmallows and make s'mores. Ellen came up with the brilliant idea of getting those graham cookies with fudge stripes and using those to make the s'mores instead of graham crackers and chocolate. I'm never going back to the old way again.
My mamasita let me borrow a book for the weekend. I seriously couldn't put it down.
It's called "Beyond the Veil" by Lee Nelson. The book is about actual accounts of Latter-day Saints and who have had experiences beyond the veil. The book was A-MAZING. Steve loved when I would read him a story or tell him about them too.
I just loved the fact that they were all true stories.

I'm pretty bummed my camera is STILL not working. Something is wrong with the shutter. I hope we can fix it soon. We just bought the camera 2 years ago. So, I don't have any fun pics to post.


I seriously love vacations. Even if it's for just a couple days. It makes me feel more alive. If that's the right word? I just feel more rejuvenated for another work week.

NOW, I'm getting sleepy. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun! Sounds like a blast! Vacations (even little ones) definitely do rejuvinate you for sure! So nice. Glad you guys had such a great time!

Jenny said...

Yeah for getting away! Hey, we still need to come visit you so Cam can fix your computer issues! This week is bad, but any other week is good. Talk to Steve and then text me! :) We haven't seen you in forever!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.