Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wake up call.

I seriously am counting down the days!!! I can't wait!! Steve and I start our first Ballroom dance class on Tuesday night. I've been wanting to take one for such a long time now. It's the perfect time to take one too- Steve graduates (officially) next month and then he will be applying for pharmacy school. So, next year I don't think I'll be seeing my husband much. :( But, why think about that now. I'm SOOOO excited!!! I'm so out of shape though its unbelievable. Seriously.

Okay, here's a story.
Saturday morning, I went to the gym with one of my friends, Carrie. We decided it was time for both us to get back into shape. We both decided that we could motivate each other and help each other out. SO my brilliant idea was to go to a spinning class. How hard could it be? Ride a bike..piece of cake. BOY WAS I WRONG. We start cycling and I start breaking a sweat within minutes. 20 minutes pass and I'm starting to feel extremely sick. Almost like flu type sickness, where your stomach hurts and you feel you need to hurl. So, I get off my bike (my legs feel like rubber and my legs seriously want to keep going, and going..I don't know how to explain the feeling..) The room starts spinning, so by this time I really think I'm going to hurl, but I feel so sick I don't want to move. So I lay down sprawled out on the exercise floor with the fan blowing on me. I wanted to die. I so badly wanted to die right then and there. How could exercising make you feel so crappy??? I for sure over did it. As I'm laying there I'm trying to figure out why could I get this sick? I ate breakfast. Check. I've been only riding the bike for 20 minutes. check. Am I really out of shape this bad?? Then before I could think anymore..
The exercise instructor leans over me and asks me if I'm okay. I give her a thumbs up to let her know I'm not dead. I don't know how long I laid on that floor, but I laid there until the nausea went away and I got back on the bike. The instructor told me to take it slow, and then says "Do you have some health problem I don't know about? Or are you really, really out of shape?" Seriously lady. I'm so out of shape, that's why I'm here!!
Carrie and I and this old lady were the only ones in the class. Thank goodness. I mean usually I don't get embarrassed easily, but having to get off a bike and lay on the floor for being so sick, that is pretty embarrassing.
The class was over and Carrie and I were on our way home. As we were talking we just started laughing about how that old lady in the class wasn't even breaking a sweat. We're only in our 20's and we were dying. That was a huge wake up call me for. I really need to start exercising and eating better. I want to live a long and healthy life.
So that's my story.

Back to the original post-I'm taking ballroom dance class with my best friend!! How lucky am I? Steve told me that he will try it out with me because he knows how much it means to me. What a sweet heart.
Here's to exercising!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! I totally know how you feel! I felt the same way when I tried a spinning class. It kicked my butt!

Lindsay said...

Wow! How fun! I bet you guys are amazing! And I loved your cake pictures too - fabulous work!

Jenny said...

Funny! Good luck with the ballroom dance class. Super fun.

Krystal said...

that sounds like so much fun. I love spinning classes. But the ballroom dancing would be so much fun to do. Have fun

ashleyandcody said...

Ballroom dance would be so much fun! good luck! the joy of working out...