Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cake.


My cousin, Nat and I made our very first fondant cake last night! Nat found a fondant recipe and so we wanted to try it out. We made our fondant blue and yellow. So we covered the cake in blue and then made yellow fondant stars, and put the stars all over the cake.

I absolutely LOVE watching Ace of Cakes, and Cake Boss on TLC and every time I would see the cakes I wanted to learn how to make fondant so I can make one like them. (Obviously, I can't make one as good as them..BUT I think our first cake turned out awesome!)



I had a ton of fun just hanging out and making cake with Nat! I'm so happy that she moved closer.
Now I can't wait to make another one..I think I'm going to try and make one for Steve's graduation.

I seriously LOVE making things!

9 comments:

Thelissa said...

Where's a picture of the cake? We want to see! I bet it was so cute!

The Cook Clan said...

Those are fun to make and play with!

Steve and Brooke said...

OBSESSED with Cake Boss....Love it!!!

Lindsay said...

How awesome! I've heard those shows are good! We need a picture of your masterpieces!

The Godfreys said...

good job on your cake! cake boss is my favorite show too! oh and to answer your question, I took a cake decorating class at hobby lobby, it was a lot of fun.

Erin said...

That cake turned out so cute! You are so talented. I loved all your family photos, they turned out so great!

Ben & Tiff said...

For your first cake I am impressed! You go!! Maybe that could be your next profession! :)

Jenny said...

Love that cake! Speaking of making things....we still need to make those flowers! I think we'll have to do it without Julie because her life is a little crazy now. Let me know when you could do it though and I'll talk to Stac.

The Belshes said...

How fun!! I've been wanting to try making a fondant cake!! Love Love Love Ace of Cakes too!! Also the cake challenges on food network are fun to watch!