Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Visiting Great Grandma Ford's

Well, the time has come where cute lil' great grandma Ford moved out of her house and is living in a home.

Grandma and Grandpa Ford had all the grandkids come over and pick out what we wanted at Great Grandma's house, since she has no more use for them.

Can I just say we found TREASURES!! Seriously. Grandma has some of the cutest jewlery I have ever seen. Totally in style too. So, I picked up a couple necklaces.

I also found this quilt that she didn't finish, so I want to put it together. :) I think when its finished it will be so nice to have something of grandma that we can cuddle with. Stevie picked up Great Grandpa's old tool box, with some pretty awesome tools.

You know it's pretty funny how different men and women are. All the girls headed straight to the jewlery/plates all the pretty things, and the men all went towards the tool stuff. Oh look it's a hammer. yeah, not so exciting. I just think it's funny.

It was fun looking through grandma's stuff with all the cousins and aunts/uncles.

We also HAD to get pics of grandma's house before they sold the cute thing.




1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So awesome! We did that exact same thing at my grandma's a couple of weeks ago after she passed away. I walked away with so many neat treasures and some awesome jewelry! I totally know how you feel - great stuff! It's kinda bittersweet too though, good memories.