Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First time for everything.


Okay, So one of you mentioned that one way that reduces stress is by getting a massage. Well Steve and I have ALWAYS wanted to go and get one done. We've heard nothing but good things about them. I've always been a little cautious about going though. Am I old fashion to think it might be a little weird to have another guy touching and massaging my back when it's not my hubby?? I know it's completely professional but that part did creep me out a bit.
Well, Friday Steve and I decided to just have a chill-axin day and just relax and then go and get massages. I called up the massage place and asked if Steve and I could get a couples massage. Well the lady said they had one opening and it was a guy and a girl. Steve didn't want a guy rubbing his back he thought that would be REALLY creepy, so I opted to have the guy and he would have the girl.
We get to the massage place and it's super chill. Really nice. Nice music, people all seem happy and earthy. If that's the right word? Even the receptionist spoke quietly. A little weird might I ad but we ARE in a massage place and it's all about relaxing.
As we are waiting for our turn to go back this white guy with the longest dreads I've ever seen, and the most bushy black hair on his arms comes in and heads to the back, he looks a little creepy. ( I know I shouldn't be judgemental but this is what's going through my head.) I look at Steve with a grossed out look. I hope he's not going to be rubbing my back!!
Before we know it we head to our room. Oh look it's the fancy guy with the dreads. Yep, he's my masseuse for the hour. Serves me right I guess for being judgemental.
Dreads was super nice and was completely professional but I can I just say one thing?
Did he REALLY have to use his nasty hairy arms to rub my back for some of the time? At first I was thinking oh awesome he's using some kind of brush. NOPE! It was his nasty hairy arms. Yes, I think I threw up in my mouth. Just knowing that he was rubbing my back with hairy arms was not stress-relieving to say the least.
Besides the nasty dread/hairy beast of a man. I enjoyed the massage. I learned two things with this experience.
1. I am SO happy my hubby is not NEARLY as hairy as that guy.
2. IF I ever get one of those done again-can I have woman please?!

Oh and something super random. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the song "Skinny love" by Bon Iver. Bon Iver where have you been all my life? Oh and Frank Sinatra "Fly me to the Moon"-Rocks!!

6 comments:

Cara and Mike said...

Keira! you are HILARIOUS!!!

Heather Strong said...

Ha ha I laughed while I read this. The first time I got a massage from a man, I felt totally awkward, but he was nice and not so hairy ha ha. Too funny.

Lindsay said...

Too funny! You definitely have to go back and get a woman...you will love it so much more. I had this awesome lady massuese at "Knead a Massage" up in Foothill village and she was awesome. Great story though!

Jenny said...

Oh Keira, this post makes me giggle! Too funny, and let's be honest...a little creepy!

Joyce said...

I love massages but I wouldn't want a hairy man to do it. I have had both woman and men do a massage and they were always very professional. You need to try it again. Yoga is great for relaxing as is swimming.

How is Carson? I hear he has been very ill?

Love, Grandma

Britney said...

Um.....I'm still laughing at this post. So funny.