Thursday, June 17, 2010

Heavenly Father knows me.

Steve and I have been so busy lately. It's almost overwhelming. No wonder why I'm so stressed all the time. Thanks for all the comments from my previous post. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who stresses. And all of the ideas to reduce stress are great. I've been really trying to focus on what makes me stress and how I can limit it.
I wanted to jot down this little miracle that happened to me the other day.
It's pretty amazing how the lord knows everything about me, and what I need to know/hear.
So, while I was putting on my makeup early Sunday morning I had this thought in my head. Or more like a whispering. "Keira you need to start thinking of thoughts about fathers, your speaking in sacrament." I starting thinking of all these thoughts about my dad. I than thought, "Well I'm not speaking in sacrament, I'm teaching young women's, so maybe I need to talk about dads. Which makes perfect sense because it's father's day next Sunday."
As the day went on I completely forgot about my prompting. And I enjoyed my time at the Ford's celebrating Preston's homecoming. Later that evening I got a call from the Bishop asking me to speak on Sunday about the Influence that fathers have. I'm a stress-er, I've mentioned this before. I really don't like speaking in sacrament meeting ( I don't mind teaching yw, or primary etc.) but there is something about sacrament meeting that REALLY stresses me out about speaking. The awesome thing is, when the bishop asked me, I felt at peace. I already knew that I was supposed to speak, heavenly father gave me that prompting. So, I had no need to stress.
It's so amazing that he really knows me and loves me enough to let me know that a head of time. It's something simple, but completely huge for me.
I had Steve give me a blessing too about my stressing problem. I'm not going to say that I don't stress, because I still do. But, I have felt a lot more at peace and I'm learning to notice more of what stresses me out and how I can try and fix it.
I'm so grateful to my Father in Heaven, I know that through him nothing is impossible.

2 comments:

Cara and Mike said...

Keira,
That is so neat :) I am so glad that you shared that... It's so neat to me to hear how Heavenly Father works in other people's lives. I am amazed at how intricately is involved with us. Thank you for sharing your heart and another wonderful reminder ... you are seriously amazing :).

Lindsay said...

That is so awesome! I love hearing stories like that where the Holy Ghost speaks to us! The gospel is SO true! And good luck on Sunday!