Monday, March 15, 2010

Memory Lane...

Something kind of random, well really random. I was thinking of all the fun stuff that I loved when I was growing up. I decided I wanted to post it, just because. I watched Full House the other day and it just triggered all the fun memories of growing up and being a kid. :) Picture Style...
1991 w/ my siblings

I'll first start off with my favorite toys growing up....


Cabbage Patch Kids


Cupcake Dolls! I loved how good they smelled


Krystal Princesses

Ken and Barbie dolls! Kartier and I had over 100 of these!


Troll Dolls


Polly Pockets

My Little Pony

New Kid's on the Block

Quints



LOVED, LOVED wearing these...


Barbie Roller Skates! I would skate around all day on these, pretending I was Ariel on Ice. ha ha! I think they had a Disney ice show during that time...

"Slap" Bracelets


Fanny Packs
Jelly Shoes


Or playing with these...



Skip-it


I LOVED watching these....




Punky was seriously my idol. I wanted my hair in pigtails so I could look like her!


"Jem-Jem, totally outrageous.."


and I couldn't forget these...

I loved watching TGIF...








Loved listening to...






That was FUN!! :) What do you remember?

12 comments:

The Godfreys said...

ha! we had the best toys! and slap bracelets just might be making a come back. some little girls in my class have them and everytime i see them i laugh!

Lindsay said...

How fun! I loved trolls, polly-pockets, Family Matters, Full House, and Lite-Brite too!!! I miss Boy Meets World - I wonder if I can buy that somehow...I just love that show. I always looked forward to TGIF too! What a fun post!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Oh, TGIF! The best. I feel bad for the teenagers these days who don't get to have all that cool stuff!

The Cook Clan said...

Oh so fun!!!! Thanks for walking me down memory lane. I had forgotten about a lot of that stuff that I too loved!

Krystal said...

I love your list. Pretty much everything on there is what I remember. Especially the jelly shoes I would get a new pair every summer. And I remember my sister having everything punky bruster. And I couldn't wait for TGIF. Good times.

Michelle and Travis said...

This brought back awesome memeories! Thanks for bringing me back to my childhood. While I am looking at this blog, honest truth, I am watching Little House on the Prairie! I still really enjoy it and I definitely catch myself watching Full House too.

Allie said...

Thanks for sharing. This brought back some awesome memories. I'm feeling the need to go out and buy some gellies now...seriously. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend ;o)

Erin said...

Don't forget Wilson Phillips. Remember when we used to perform to that!

Laura said...

I was surprised you didn't have Ace of Base or Mariah Carey on there. You were the one who introduced me to them. :) Loved playing Crystal Princesses with you, though. My mom still has all of ours for her grandkids.

Krystal said...

hey keira I am having a friend shower (with husbands) and would love for you guys to come. You would get to see a lot of old friends from high school. So if you'd be interested email me your address: hamhead_18@hotmail.com. Thanks

Holly and Steve said...

Oh my gosh! That picture brought back so many memories!!! I miss those days when we were all young and played together! Those were the best days!

Megs said...

oh my gosh i love this! I'm pretty sure i had all of those toys haha and the tv shows are classic!