Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bingo! Bingo!

Yesterday, (Wed) I was able to get off work for just a couple hours so that I could go and play bingo with my Great Grandpa Joe.


Lately I've seriously been getting strong feelings that I need to spend time with my grandparents. I don't know if it's because I've been reading my grandpa Anderson's journal, or what it is. I just can't get enough of spending time with them. My great Grandpa Joe turns 95 this year, and so, I know that I have limited time with him.

My mom and I met up with him at his home that he's staying at and we played bingo with him. Grandpa can't see very well, mostly just shadows and things on the side. So, he wouldn't be able to play bingo without anyone helping him. Grandpa is seriously one of the luckiest guys I know! He won 2 times and my mom says that every time she goes (every wed) he never loses. It's really cute he says "bingo-bingo"! When he won we were telling him what he could chose from, and he said "I'll take the popcorn, you like popcorn don't ya? and then he said he won it for me." so cute. I seriously love Grandpa so much.
After bingo we had lunch with Grandpa, and told him we will see him soon. He said he really appreciates us. We really appreciate him.


I headed back into work and worked until 6pm and then met Steve and the YW/YM at the visitors center so we could watch the "Joseph Smith" movie. I love this movie! I've seen it once when it first came out, and each time I've seen it I get more out of it. I love this movie, it strengthens my testimony even more. I know I've said this before but I LOVE the YW program.

P.S. I have the CUTEST video of Grandpa ever on my phone, but I can't figure out to send it from my phone to my computer. I've tried sending it via text to my email but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas how I can get it on my computer? I really want to add it to this post. :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Your Grandpa looks darling. Try sending your video via bluetooth. It's super easy with a mac! :)

Joyce said...

Congratulations on receiving your YW Award. It's great you can see Grandpa. I know he appreciates and loves seeing you. He will be 94 in June.
Love, Grandma