Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend to Remember.

I taught the lesson today on the Easter story. I think it went really well. I seriously love this calling. I taught the story with the Easter Eggs with the bible story in each and then with an object which is symbolic to each part of the story. For instance, egg #1 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying "O my father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." And then I had an unused sacrament cup inside of the egg...and than I had each girl pick an egg and read the story 1-12. Then we watched 10 minutes of the movie "Finding Faith in Christ." I think the girls really enjoyed it. Thanks to my cute mamasita for the Egg idea. I seriously can't wait for when Steve and I have kiddos to tell them the Easter story this way too. I've always learned better visually, and this shows the story perfectly.

Some Beehives in my class told me that they wanted to come and visit with me. That seriously made my day. I'm happy to know that they love me just as much as I love them. So, Later today two of the girls came over and brought the "Friend" magazine with brownies and a note. They told me they are going to by my "mini" visiting teachers. So cute! Keep in mind these girls are only 12 years old. So, We sat down and they gave Steve and I a lesson with questions too!! They said that this would help them pass off some of their personal progress. I thought it was so cute! The story was so cute, and the questions they asked were really good questions too. After they gave me their lesson I asked if they wanted to play a game. So, the three of us (minus Steve, he has/had homework) played Phase 10 dice. :) As I drove the girls home they asked when I get off work tomorrow, so they can come play again with me. Ha ha. I told them they need to talk with their parents first. I would love to have these two over again anytime! They bring such a sweet spirit, and they are so funny!

Brownies and note to Steve & I

Steve and I also had the opportunity of going to the temple on Thursday night with some friends in our ward. It's amazing how the world can be so busy, and then when you step in the temple everything else just goes away by the peace of the temple. I'm so happy that the temple is so close to us and that we can go together.


What else? Yesterday Steve, my dad and I went to a car auction for fun. Oh my, can I just say I don't think I EVER want to go to one of those again. So chaotic. I had knots in my stomach the entire time.. and my stomach really hurt when Steve bid on an '05 Honda Civic and YES, we won/bought the car. Luckily though because we bid the car for so low the auction-er had to call the owner of the car to see if that would be fine if he sold it to us for so low. Well, the owner said No, it wasn't fine and that he wanted us to pay more. We said NO, (thank goodness..I get so stressed when we buy big things..) So, we left the auction and on our way we went. 15 minutes later we get a call from the owner of the car, saying you guys can have the car for the price you bid it on. So, we said we will think about it and get back to him on Monday. I'm thinking it's a no go, but it's a hard decision. Steve's Honda right now has been nothing but trouble for us for the last couple weeks, so yes, we do need a reliable car. But, if we get the other car tomorrow we will have 3 cars. So unnecessary. I should be ecstatic about getting a new car for us, I just think way too much into the situation dang it.

On the happier side, Steve and I watched Carson yesterday for just a couple hours while Kody and Jade went on a date. Carson is so super cute! I can't get over his chubby cheeks! He helped me make rice krispies treats w/sprinkles on top, we danced around, and watched some of "Little Einsteins." I sure love Cars, I'm so happy that he's my nephew.

I had to do this goofy/non attractive face MULTIPLE times....

To finally get this! So cute! Poor baby though, he wasn't feeling the best.

A couple weeks ago I put all the dried flowers that Steve gave me into a basket and made a decoration out of it! I think it turned out pretty cute! :)

Now to go to my parent's house for some dinner!! So excited that I don't have to cook tonight.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So cute! Carson is such a cute little man! You look so beautiful too - as always! What a great weekend! Good luck with the car decision - that's nuts! Fun though! I love your updates!

Krystal said...

I love being young womens too its great to interact with these girls and try to steer them in the right direction. You are so loveable keira that I can see why the girls are drawn to you. Sounds like a great weekend. And I did get your email thanks.