Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Week Recap

MONDAY: On Monday I was able to have the day off. At my job they offer VTO (Volunteer time off) each year. You get the entire day off to go and do volunteer work. How awesome is that? Get work off, and I get to go help the community.
My friend at work does a food drive every year, and she asked me if I wanted to help her. So, I was able to drive up to Park City and go door to door picking up food. It was a really fun day, and I'm happy that I was able to do volunteer work. I really want to make a goal to do something each month, instead of doing it just around Thanksgiving and Christmas time.

TUESDAY: was a regular work day. After work our good friends, Dan and Carrie invited us over for dinner and to hang out. The dinner was DELISH! I just kept eating and eating. :) And then we were all able to just hang out and talk. Carrie just had her new little guy Nixon a couple weeks ago. So, it was SOO much fun to hold the new little baby. And they also have the cutest little 3 year old. He is such a crack up! :) We loved getting together with this lil' fam, we always have such a good time.

WEDNESDAY: We celebrated STEVE's 26th Birthday! (which is in the previous post)

THURSDAY: Thanksgiving Day!!! Steve and I put up all of Christmas Decorations! I seriously couldn't wait to put up our Christmas Tree! My mom gave us a cute little village this year, and I absolutely love it! After decorating, and doing some relaxing. Steve and I went over to my parents house for our Thanksgiving dinner. Not only was all of my immediate family there, but also grandma Anderson, my aunt pam and my cousins. We all had a great time eating, talking, and relaxing. Then towards the evening we were all able to go see 2012. Ah, not a favorite. It was a good movie, but I don't care to see it again. After the movie, Steve and I headed home. What a great Thanksgiving! We loved spending time with the fam.

FRIDAY: The Original plan was to wake up early and go to Manilla to meet Steve's fam at the cabin. Steve and I didn't get up until 8:00am and decided it just wasn't worth the drive for only one night. We felt bad, and we missed seeing them over the Thanksgiving break, but luckily the live really close. So, instead of the cabin get-away, we decided we would attempt the mall and the stores on "Black Friday". We first went to the mall, and there was a Christmas concert. Steve and Lisa James were actually the ones who performed (they are in my parents ward, and Steve helped me with my Pageant in 2006) they are both extremely talented. We loved listening to their music and then we went shopping!
Steve and I had a fun day shopping, and spending time with one another!

SATURDAY: Steve and I decided to do a surprise visit to Grandpa and Grandma Ford's house! It had been way too long since we last visited, so we wanted to go see them. Steve called grandma Ford in the morning to see what her plans were for the rest of the day. Steve did a great job at finding out her plans without letting her know we were coming up.
We loved surprising both of them! We had so much fun just talking with them, and grandma of course made us her famous homemade shakes! We also watched the BYU/UTAH game in between our conversations. Grandpa wanted to take us out to dinner, so during half time, we all went to Robintinos and had a very good dinner. After dinner, we decided we should head back home. Steve and I are very lucky to have such awesome grandparents! We sure love you guys!

SUNDAY: I still can't believe the holiday week is already over. It's a bummer that the Thanksgiving holiday has already come and gone, and our long break from school and work is about to end.
We went to church, and then Sherrie Behunin (our family/friend/landlord) came over and had lunch with us. I seriously LOVE Sherrie! She's not really family, but she practically is. Steve and I have lived with Sherrie and Blake now for over 3 years, and we absolutely love these guys. Blake was at the firehouse, so we wanted to keep Sherrie company. After lunch, we ran to my mom and dad's. My mom and I are making these super cute Christmas Advent Calendar's, so we worked on those and Steve hung out with my daddy-o.
We had to run back home around 4ish so I could start cooking dinner. Our good friends Tim, Marie and Deni came over. We always have such a blast when we hang out with them! We all just relaxed, talked and were entertained by cute lil' Deni. Deni is only 1 1/2 and she is so smart! Marie pointed to me and said Deni "who's that?" she then says Keira. Loud and clear. It seriously made my day! ha ha. Steve and I love when our friends kids say our names. I can only imagine how ecstatic Steve and I will be when our own kids say our name. We had so much fun with Tim, Marie and Deni! We are SOOOO happy that they moved closer.

Steve and I are definitely blessed to have such AWESOME Family and Friends!

Happy THANKSGIVING!

No comments: