Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"NEW" Weekend

Can I just say how AMAZING the movie New Moon is? Seriously. Steve and I went to New Moon on Friday with our good friends Tim and Marie. New Moon is SO much better than the first movie Twilight. I LOVED Twilight, but New Moon is by far better.
Steve and I loved it so much, we took my sister in law, Whit to the night showing. She LOVED it too. It's crazy how tired Steve and I got though by the end of the day. Steve fell asleep, and I was having the hardest time staying awake. (No matter how much I loved the show) Lesson learned, we aren't going to a late night movie ever again.


Bob and Ellen came home from Australia on Saturday. I still can't believe how fast the 2 weeks went. Steve, Whit and I picked them up from the airport and then came back to the house and visited with them for awhile. Steve and I went home and got some grocery shopping in, and then we met up with the Fords again, at Chili's. We all had a great dinner and was able to catch up some more. I'm really happy that Bob and Ellen are home! We all missed them while they were gone!

Sunday, I got a new calling.I was sustained to be a Beehive Advisor. To be completely honest, I was very shocked. I felt a little inadequate. I've been in primary and nursery for the last 3 years, and so being in the Young Women's is out of my "comfort zone" or what I'm used to. I'm REALLY excited to be in the Young Women's though, I think this calling will be a great growing opportunity for me. I met some of the girls on Sunday, and they are all super cute. I'm really excited to get to know each of them. I wasn't able to stay in YW's though for very long because I still had to teach Nursery. While I was in the Nursery, I loved being with the kids, but I got this feeling that I don't belong in there anymore. It was a really neat feeling. Because it was really hard for me last Sunday, when I had to say goodbye to all the kids...


Also, on Sunday Steve and I went over to my parents house and had a deli sh dinner that my mom made. It was great because all of us kids were able to be there. Oh and some REALLY EXCITING NEWS....Steve and I are going to have a new neice or nephew! My sister Kartier is Prego!! I'm so excited for her, and I can't wait until she finds out what she's having so we can go baby shopping. :)

Well that sums up our "New" weekend!

1 comment:

Liz said...

You will totally love YW. I was in for 3 years and miss it. Good luck!