Monday, November 2, 2009

HaLlOwEeN Weekend

Steve and I started off our weekend going to "This is It" which I absolutely LOVED!!! The dancing and music is SOOO good! I seriously loved it, I could watch it again and again. MJ was SO talented. As I listened to the music I just wanted to get up and dance and sing a long.

After the movie we were able to go and visit with Matt and Allie and there little girl Lucy. It was really fun to see them. Steve served with Matt on his mission, and it had been way too long since we've seen them last. So we had fun catching up with them and seeing their really cute new house.
On Saturday, (Halloween) Steve and I went over to the Ford's house. Steve studied ALL day and did a research paper, while mom ford, Whit and I canned our very own applesauce! We spent pretty much the whole day doing this. I had no idea it took so long... I LOVED it though! I thought it was really nice of Ellen to teach me. It was a lot of work, but with good company it was a lot of fun. While we waited for the bottles to seal, Ellen and I went on a nice walk. The walk was really nice and the weather was perfect for kids to go trick-or-treating! I had a lot of fun with Steve's mom and whit! I sure feel really blessed to have such awesome in-laws!

Also this weekend Steve and I heard on the news about Mary Strey. Steve and I were laughing SOO hard when we heard this on the news. If you haven't heard about it, here it is:
Clark County woman recently called 911 to report a drunk driver, but it turns out, she was the one under the influence.
Dispatcher: Clark County 911
Mary Strey: Somebody's really drunk driving down Granton Road...
Dispatcher: ...Which way are they going?
Mary Strey: They are going, um...
Dispatcher: Towards Granton or towards Neillsville?
Mary Strey: Towards Granton
Dispatcher: Okay are you behind them, or...
Mary Strey: No, I am them
Dispatcher: You am them?
Mary Strey: Yes, I am them
Dispatcher: Okay, so you want to call and report that you're driving drunk?
Mary Strey: Yes
Oh and I couldn't resist adding this picture of our cute nephew Carson. He dressed up as a lil' pumpkin for Halloween. (Thanks Jade for the Pic)

5 comments:

Jolynne said...

I want to see that movie! I am glad you had a great Halloween! We still need to get together! :)

Lindsay said...

Oh so cute, what an adorable little pumpkin! And I am dying to see that Michael Jackson movie - I just have to! I can't wait, I'm glad you liked it!

The Cook Clan said...

I like the cute little pumkin! Nice job on canning, its hard work but it pays off.

Stacy said...

Way to go on the applesauce!Next year you'll have to teach me how to do that. I so want to go see that movie, it looks really good! Glad you guys are happy and doing well.
take care--
Stacy

Krystal said...

I would like to see the michael jackson movie it looks good. My family loved him growing up. My brothers would always try and copy his dance moves.