Monday, November 16, 2009

Bitter-Sweet

Well this weekend was a busy one, it didn't start off the best. I got off of work on Friday at 4:30pm and I didn't get home until 6:30pm! 2 hrs being stuck in traffic. I absolutely hate traffic. There was an 8 car accident on the freeway, so it caused a delay everywhere. I tried going on the back roads, but it was still just as busy. I was getting super annoyed, but what can you do? It was getting dark, so I just turned up the radio and danced and sang in my truck. Way to make a bad situation better, well a little.

Whit was waiting at home for me and Steve was still at school taking one of his tests. Whit and I had dinner and then decided we were in the crafty mood. So, we looked at fabric and tried to decide what we wanted to make. That didn't last long, because soon after Steve was home, and I wanted to spend time with him too. All of us were pretty pooped too, from the long day. So, we wanted to watch a movie and just relax. Kris, my brother called and wanted to know if he could hang out with us too. So, Kris and Tina (his girlfriend) came over and we all watched X-Men Wolverine. Loved having them come over. :) Oh and I just love my sister in law whit!

On Saturday we woke up to SNOW! Yeah yeah! I love how pretty the snow looks! I don't like how dang cold it gets though. Saturday we were able to get a lot done and then later, kart and Chris came over. They brought us pizza, salad and ice cream. How nice is that? And then the guys all watched the football game, Kart fell asleep and Whit painted my nails for me. I love how crazy they are!


Sunday was a bitter-sweet day. Our ward was finally split. Which it definitely needed to be. We had 850 members in our ward. It was HUGE!! It was seriously like stake conference every week. I'm really happy for our bishop, and that he (I'm sure) will be very much relieved and a huge burden will be off of him. So, that's the sweet part, but the bitter part is that all my little nursery kids will be in the other ward. All but one. I really loved all the little kids. It was a really sad day when they gave me hugs goodbye. I must admit, when I first went to nursery it was completely chaotic. Kids screaming, noses running, and the smell of a dirty diaper about did me in for. I didn't know how I could spend the next 2 hours doing this. I really didn't think I could enjoy nursery. Boy was I wrong. The kids only cried because they weren't familiar with me, they wanted there parents. I still would get the frequent dirty diaper each week, and yea, I never enjoyed that part, but I could take the kid out and have the parent take care of the dirty work. I've been in the nursery now for 10 months, and I've become attached to the little ones. :)

They always bring such a sweet spirit into the classroom, and they always are making me laugh. Some of the stuff they say are just a crack up. For example, there's this little boy who is 3 and he was sad. So, I asked him what he wanted to play? He says lets play "BATMAN" and as he said Batman his voice went raspy like the batman character. It was SO funny! He then tells me I'm going to be Bat girl. So, throughout the rest of nursery he wouldn't answer by his name, but if you called him Batman. Everything he said was through his Batman voice. It was so cute. I'm really grateful that I was able to teach these nursery kids, and I know that heavenly father put me in this calling because they have taught me a lot.

And, some exciting NEWS!!!!!! Kolten got his mission call! I'm so excited for him! He's going to Ventura, California (Spanish speaking). I still can't believe my baby brother is going to be a missionary.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey! That's so exciting about Kolten's mission call! Wow! He'll be grateful for that Spanish, I'm sure! How fun! I totally would have come if I knew about it - tell him Congrats for me! And I hope you are going to see New Moon this weekend sometime - I know you love it too!