Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What's on my mind....

I'm at work right now and there is some free time in between calls... so, I just wanted to jot down some things that are on mind lately.
First of all, I am completely obsessed with THE BIGGEST LOSER. I can't get enough of that show. I love tv shows that help people and make them become better people. I absolutely love watching the people transform not only on the outside but on the inside. Steve and I couldn't believe that Shay was kicked off last night. I was really hoping that she could stay.... I get completely wrapped up in that show. oh and I freaking LOVE Gillian!


Steve and I are staying at the Ford's house for 2 weeks, while they are in AUSTRALIA. How nice is that? I think that would be an amazing vacation. Someday Steve and I will go! It's been on my dream vacation list :) It's been fun staying with whit, and house sitting. Not to mention they have a Foosball table. Which I absolutely LOVE playing against Steve at. he he.

I've learned a lot in the last couple weeks. I've been really excited about the whole getting pregnant idea. When I set my mind to something, I want it to happen. I've been getting upset lately and frustrated because I'm not pregnant yet.
Steve's been EXTREMELY wonderful with helping me realize that it's all in the lords time. It's not on MY time. Steve said something the other night that made me really think. He said isn't it enough that this time is Me and You time? He's absolutely right. I need to stop dwelling on what other people are doing, or when they are prego, but just focus on what's going on right now. I love Steve and I'm really blessed to have him as my best friend. We have this time to share together and when we dohave a baby, it won't ever be just me and him And when the lord wants us to have a baby, the time will happen. It seriously was a breakthrough moment for me. I was getting stressed over nothing.
My little sister, Kjersti just had her 17th birthday yesterday! I can't believe it. My baby sister is 17! And my little brother Kolten is getting his mission call next Wednesday! WHAT?!! It's sad how all my "little" brothers and sisters aren't so little anymore. I'm really excited for koltie to be getting his missioncall though! I'm guessing he will be going to somewhere in EUROPE. He's going to be such a hard worker and I know he's going to be an amazing missionary.
This is a pic of all three of my handsome bro's, but Kolt is the one on the left.

And something REALLY off subject...

I can't get the new song by PINK out of my head..."This used to be a fun house...do, do, do, do" Super catchy song.

Bummer, the calls just started to pick up...well, i'm going to start "working" again! :)

6 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

I love your positive attitude! It took me 7 months to get pregnant and I remember getting so down about it, but it did finally happen! I know you'll get pregnant and when you do I want to know right away!!! Keep being positive!!!

Jared and Shalynn said...

I love your post! We tried for about 6 months to get pregnant with Cambree and it was really hard on me too. On the other hand we got pregnant with Mason without even trying. My point: It really is all in the Lord's timing and when it does happen you'll see how perfect HIS timing is! Keep your chin up and I hope it happens for you soon :)

Ashley said...

So I just found your blog and couldn't resist commenting. My husband and I will have been married for six years on Saturday. We tried for two years to get pregnant and I am now six months along. Doctors basically told us that our chances were lower than normal but there wasn't really anything wrong enough that they could fix. We tried all kinds of tricks and myths and perfected the art of "timing". In the end we finally got pregnant when all the conditions were WRONG! This just further strengthens my testimony that it is all in the Lord's timing and doing things according to his timing will bring us the most happiness. Your husband is right, just enjoy the ME and YOU time. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

Lindsay said...

That's way exciting about Kolten, I can't believe he's that old already, wow! And you're right, this time is just for you and Steve and you won't get that back for a long time! Enjoy it!

Jenny said...

Fun update Keira. I just have to say, I love Steve's comment about it being time for the two of you. It is TOTALLY true. Kids are a great blessing, but it's always a lot harder to have time with just your spouse (and when you do leave them you find yourself worrying about them!!). You definitely need to enjoy this time. You will have a little one when the time is right. I wish I would have enjoyed the time I had with just Cam without worrying when we were ever going to have a baby. It will happen, but in the meantime, take advantage of the time that you have, just the two of you.

Krystal said...

Im so hooked on the biggest loser love that show. It makes me want to work out instead of sitting on my butt watching it. We love fooseball too one day we will have one and have a huge tournament with friends that would be so fun.