Thursday, August 25, 2011

White Coat Ceremony




Steve had his WHITE COAT CEREMONY today. I am SO dang proud of him!! This is a HUGE step in our lives. He officially starts school on Monday and we both are a little nervous, but yet so super excited!!
At white coat ceremony they of course got there white coats :) And might I add, Steve looked so lag-it. He is definitely a stud in a white coat.

They also had a nice program with the dean and other speakers. Steve did the Pledge of Professionalism as well as The Oath of Pharmacist. It was really neat to see Steve stand, having his right arm to the square and saying the oath with all the pharmacists. It was really touching to see him be there. He has worked SO hard to get this far and I am super proud of him.


At the end of the program they had all of the students wave goodbye to their family for the next 3 years. I got a little choked up. I know I'm going to see Steve, but things are definitely going to change for the next three years. I've been mentally preparing for this day to come..so that helps. AND we have such amazing family and friends to support us.




I'm SO excited for him!! And I'm super grateful for the family who came to support us on such a big day!

4 comments:

Jolynne said...

What an exciting time! Congratulations!

Krystal said...

What an exciting day. It will be hard but it will be so worth it. Family and friends are so important and you will need them. But to know that you are one step closer to your goal is the best. Good luck to both of you and it will fly by.

Jenny said...

Yay Steve! I'm sure the next three years will be tough...but oh so worth it! We are so excited for you guys! When you are lonely, come visit us! :) I need updates too dearie! Text me or call me and tell me what is going on! It's been too long since we talked!

Chris and Hilary said...

Go Steve! (and Keira!) I am having flash backs of going to Chris's white coat ceremony. It seems like a billion years ago, but at the same time just like yesterday. You guys have quite the journey ahead of you, but what an awesome step in your lives! Good luck to both of you, and congrats!