Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lake Powell 2011



This year was just as great as last year..maybe even a little better because EVERYONE got to go- and we have a new addition to the family-Mikenzie:)

Oh how I love Lake Powell. I seriously do. It's probably one of my very favorite trips. Getting to play in the water every single day for a week, you really can't beat that.

This year's trip we...
-Water skied every single day

-Late night talks
-Spiritual thought every night
-Games, games, games!!!


-Went down the slide-oh so fun! And played the game again where you need to try and stand on the tube the longest
-Tubed until my arms about fell off
-LOTS of reading time on the top deck. Oh so nice. See the gorgeous view and just read and listen to the peace and quiet.
AND read my great, great grandparents life story. AMAZING. This is in the late 1800's early 1900's. I have so much respect and gratitude for my ancestors.
-Annual Ladies shampoo party
-Synchronized Diaper Dancing-SO dang fun!!!
-Hiked and saw Indian ruins

-Rode the Knee board. I Learned how to knee board- baby! And I did a 360!
-Ate so much good food and snacks
-Slept under the stars
-Fell in love with the song "I DO." By Colbie Caillat
-Late nights and Laughter



-Jumped off the houseboat..Which I gladly passed on that one...(I HATE heights!!)
-Squeezed in some power naps
-Steve and Jason acted like kids :)


Lake Powell I love you, I really do. Steve and I can't wait until next year's trip!!!

No comments: