Friday, February 18, 2011

Paradise Day#7

Friday was our official last full day in Hawaii. So like all the other days, we didn't want to waste any time. We went to Kailua, on the east coast and went ocean kayaking . We kayaked to the two bird refuge islands off the coast. It took 45-50min to kayak there. When we got there Steve and I started looking for seashells. We actually found a lot of really cool shells, but unfortunately all of them had a horrible smell to them. (the smell of poo-I know, gross right?) So, we quickly threw the shells back into the water. We first thought it was just in a certain area, but they all smelled around the entire island. When you were on the island it didn't smell bad, just the shells.
Okay, enough about the poo shells...
The island was really pretty. We all just laid out on the beach and enjoyed watching the other kayak's coming in.

This is the view from us standing on the Bird Sanctuary Island


I love this one of Bob just chillin' in the water

Our last official day in Hawaii we wanted to make sure we had plenty of beach time! So our next stop was going to Bello's Beach. This beach had perfect waves for Boogie Boarding. This was also a first for me. I LOVED it!!! I loved riding the waves.






We stayed here until it was starting to get dark. I don't think any of us wanted the day to end. I know I didn't want it to.
We brought our clothes to change into so we could just go to dinner right after we left the beach. I had sand in places that you wouldn't think could get there!
On our way to Waikiki, we stopped at the Pali Lookout. Soooo pretty.
Hawaii is so pretty. I still can't get over how gorgeous everything is.




To end our evening we ate at Cheesecake Factory and then Steve and I walked around the resort in the moonlight. So dang romantic. he he.
Steve and I didn't want to go to bed because we knew the morning would come oh so quick and we would be on a plane back home.-to the cold. :(
But like every other night, as soon as we got into bed we were out....still dreaming we were on the beach.

Thanks again Bob and Ellen for such an AMAZING trip! We loved it!!!! We seriously can't thank you enough.

3 comments:

Erin said...

How awesome! I bet it was a great trip!

Krystal said...

what an amazing trip. You guys are so cute glad that you were able to do that.

Jenny said...

I am so jealous. Really, that's all I have to say about that!