Sunday, February 6, 2011

Paradise Day#3

I went to Hanauma Bay for the first time. It was GORGEOUS!!



When we got there they show you a 10 minute film of the bay and how to snorkel responsibly and to respect the reef. It also showed the different variety of fish that you can see.

Here's a pic of one of the many fish we saw. This one is called the Butterfly fish.


To be honest, I was a tid bit nervous about snorkeling. For one, I didn't have a life jacket and growing up it was always "You'll drown if you don't have one."

Well luckily the salt water was in my favor and I floated easily. For two, it's always been against my nature to just stick my head under water.

Thank goodness for Steve and helping me over come my fears. Because snorkeling ROCKS! It so amazing. The first couple times I snorkeled I did feel a little overwhelmed and claustrophobic. I kept having to remind myself-just breathe!! Once I started seeing the fish and Steve holding my hand, it became a lot easier than what I imagined. It actually felt more normal to just stick your head underwater and to just breathe. It was a really neat experience.



After some snorkeling, we went and laid out on the sand on our towels. Heaven right there. There is nothing better than digging your toes in the sand, feeling the sun hitting my face and the sound of waves crashing onto the beach. Pure bliss.



The Views from where we were just chillin'


We than went exploring to other beaches and traveled to the east coast to Kailua. We enjoyed just hanging out on the beaches and then looked at surf shops. I loved the small surf town feel.


Hawaii...I'm already missing you.

No comments: