Sunday, February 6, 2011

Paradise Day#1 & 2

Bob and Ellen were so generous and took Steve and I on a Trip to Oahu for a week. They are taking all the kids on an individual trip before we all start having our own kiddo's and before Steve gets into pharmacy school.

Our flight left at 11:00am and we were off! The flight took 6 hours. So on our flight Steve and I watched Back to the Future 1 & 2. We haven't seen those since we were little and they were pretty entertaining.

When we arrived in Hawaii it was only 3:45pm. We walked off the plane and we could feel the warmth. It was HEAVEN. Oh how I've missed the warm weather.
We went to our resort, the Marriott Beach Club at Ko Olina. They welcomed us with shell lei's. The resort was gorgeous and everyone was so friendly.
About an hour or two later I started getting a headache-I think a mixture between staying up late the night before, not eating too much on our flight and then the heat.
I took some Advil but I could feel a migraine coming on. Not so fun. Great way to start the trip right? ha.
We decided we should go out to eat once we went up to our room and changed out of our warm winter clothes. My headache was still coming on pretty strong, but I needed some food in me. So we went out to eat to Chili's. On our drive there I could feel the migraine really hitting me and luckily Bob pulled over just in time for me to throw up.
I felt much better.
We ate dinner and then we all went to bed. We were all still on MST. It was only like 8:30-8:40 when we went to bed (Hawaiian Time). I didn't complain going to be early.

Sunday Morning we woke up to Paradise. Literally. We could hear the ocean waves and birds chirping. Steve and I ate breakfast out on the patio and just soaked up the sun and enjoyed the gorgeous view.
We went to church to one of the wards in Oahu. The people in Hawaii are so dang friendly and really cheerful. The meeting was really awesome. Every speaker starts off by saying Aloha and the congregation says it back. The talks were all on genealogy and the importance of it. I love learning about my ancestors, I know it brings me closer to them when I'm doing their work. It was a really good meeting for me. It sort of kicked my booty in to gear to want to go and do the work.
After church we went and had some lunch and then went back to the resort. Once at the resort we were invited to listen to a timeshare spill. The only reason why we wanted to do that for an hour and half is because it gave us free Polynesian Cultural Center tickets. :) The meeting was long, but we got our tickets and we were on our way.
Steve and I walked around the private lagoon on the resort. We then walked out to the point and watched the waves crash up against the rocks and coral. We couldn't believe we were walking around in shorts and a t-shirt in 80 degree weather.

This is the view we saw every morning from our balcony




ALOHA!



Bob & Ellen in front of the resort

4 comments:

Krystal said...

ooh im so jealous looks so beautiful and Warm. That is so cool that you got to go on such a wonderful trip.

Lindsay said...

SO beautiful! Looks like paradise for sure!

Jenny said...

Oh, so fun! I'd tell you that I hope you're doing well, but how could you not be after a trip like that??! ;) I'm excited to see the rest of your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time!