Saturday, February 12, 2011

Paradise Day#6

Thursday was probably one of our very favorite days. We LOVED everyday, of course. But this day was pretty dang awesome. In the morning we went on a catamaran. We found the perfect spot on the front of the boat. :) We saw humpback whales breaching in the water with their calfs. SO awesome!! The last time we did something like this was when we were living in Seattle.
We also just enjoyed the warm sun and the wind as we sailed in the ocean. We also went snorkeling at Electric Beach. I was a little nervous to go snorkeling in the middle of the ocean. But guess what?? I snorkeled just fine! I wouldn't of traded it for anything either. You know on animal planet and nature shows where the fish just swarm around you? That's what they did on this snorkel trip. This was SOO awesome!!! I couldn't believe all of the fish and the different kinds that there were.




After our awesome boat trip we found a secluded beach not to far from the resort. This secluded beach had turtles swimming everywhere!! I was SO happy. I love, love, LOVE sea turtles. A local there gave us handfuls of seaweed to feed the turtles. We didn't really feed them though, just threw the seaweed into the water so they would swim up by us.
Steve and I went snorkeling with the turtles too. Funny story. While we were snorkeling we saw one of the turtles and it was really close to us. So I squeezed Steve's hand letting him know we need to back up, well while he was backing up another turtle was right behind us and Steve practically sat on it's shell. I started laughing/choking in the water. It was super funny to see.
We also just laid around on the beach and Steve and I went searching for some seashells. :)






We had such a fun time at this beach! I was seriously so amazed at all the turtles just swimming around.

After our fun day in the sun we decided we would go to Waikiki and eat at Chuck's Cellar. Chuck's is an underground restaurant that was built in 1959. The food was all so delish. They serve steak, potatoes, veggies, salad bar etc... They even had a live band playing and the atmosphere was really nice.



After we ate we walked around the streets of Waikiki and had ice-cream and watched a one man band on the street. This guy is seriously so talented.

I don't really remember the drive home....I zonked out, and before I knew it I was passed out in bed. All of us were so tired from our fun filled day.

No comments: