Monday, May 3, 2010

Women's Conference 2010 and then some...

This weekend was AWESOME!!! I got to start my week off by going to Women's Conference with my cute mom in-law Ellen. I remember going to women's conference a long time ago with my mom and my sisters and doing a service project. I thought it was a fun experience, but this time I got more out of it. I'm sure it has everything to do with the fact that I'm older now. I was able to go to so many classes. It was such an awesome experience. I needed an uplifting weekend. The talks I swear were meant just for me. :) It was great just seeing ladies everywhere and no men! It's pretty neat looking around knowing that all the women who were there were all there for the same reason-to be uplifted. I loved everything about the experience. We listened to talks, sang, and also did a service project. I can't wait to go again next year. I wish they did women's conference every month!
My mom was there too and I got to be with her for the opening and closing ceremony too, it was fun having both of them with me!

Me & Mom (what's up with my one eye?)
Ellen, me, mom (Hi random chick in the background)

Saturday, Steve and I got to go to my friend Krystal's couples baby shower. Which I thought was completely awesome that it was couples. I never heard of a couples baby shower before, and I think it was really fun! It was fun seeing her and her cute prego belly! :) Which I'm totally jealous of by the way. But it was so fun to see some friends from high school that I seriously haven't seen since high school. It was neat seeing what everyone was up to and what life is in store for everyone.

After the shower we headed to Logan to meet up with Jason and Shannon. We wanted to see them before they moved to Canada for the summer. We had such a fun time with them! We love these two and we will miss them for sure! Thank goodness it's only for the summer. ;)
Some things we did while we were there...
We ate way too much food, played lots of UNO, Shannon gave us a tour- ha ha, Drove around Logan, watched the Jazz game, Hastings, Wii, lots of talking, sleeping in.

Jason & Shannon

What a fun and uplifting weekend! Too bad the weekends always go so much more quicker than the weekdays!

Oh and something completely RANDOM the past 2 weekends I've been told I look like I'm between the ages of 12-17! :( I know it's supposed to be a compliment to look young, but c'mon ppl! Okay, What do I need to change? my hair? my clothes? my makeup? I can't change my baby face.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

You and your mom are so cute...(I'm sure you're mother-in-law is too!) You guys are just so sweet.

The Belshes said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! I was going to go to Crystal's shower as well, but got held up with work stuff :( It would have been nice to see you!!

Krystal said...

thanks so much for coming to the shower it was so good to see you and meet your husband. He is so nice and you guys fit perfectly together. I seriously love that tutu you made can't wait to try it on her and take pictures. Thanks again for coming.

Erin said...

Haha, I get told I look young all the time. I am sure people are concerned too now that they see me walking around pregnant.

Megs said...

Looks like fun! But I would say Dear John is worth seeing just kinda cheesy. It wasn't my favorite movie but it was not bad. And you get to look at that gorgeous man for 2 hours haha

Laura said...

Women's Conference was awesome, huh. I saw your mom twice. I'm sad I never saw you.