Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thank you for running into a power line.

Well, I was able to get off work early today. Thank you random person for hitting your car into a power line by my work. The power was out for over an hour, and since my job has everything to do with a computer, and a phone- that pretty much explains why I'm so grateful to the person who made our power go out.
I really do enjoy my job, but sometimes it's mentally draining. I talk to a lot of really nice people, and also a lot of really rude people or people who speak a different language, so there is a language barrier...
I guess that's how it is with any job really. My good friend Anne and I were able to go and do some shopping, and now I'm here at home. Back on my computer. funny. I'm finally not having to be in front of a computer, but here I am. That's probably why it's a good thing I work. I came home thinking there is plenty to do at home I'm so happy I'm not having to work. I get home, everything is clean. Spotless. Not one thing to do. Steve's gone working for his dad. I thought of breaking out some crafts, but I just made one last night... which reminds me. Two of my little beehives came to visit me last night. Totally made my night. They wanted me to make crafts with them. :)
Steve and I have been watching the show Chuck a lot lately. An episode every night. Thank you Dan & Carrie for introducing this show to us, you've got us completely hooked!
Last weekend Steve and I watched chuck episodes with papa john pizza for our date night. We stayed up until 1! That is so late for us. Isn't it funny that when your dating you have all this energy and think you can stay up all hours of the night? Then once your married you feel like you need to pass out (go to sleep) by 10??
What else? I bought myself an early birthday present. I picked up "The parables of the Princesses." Thank you Grandpa and Grandma E. for the birthday money. :) I can't believe that I'm going to be 25! That sure feels old to me. Even though, REALLY it's not. One of my friends at work told me to have a Happy 21st birthday on Monday. Woot woot! At least she thought I was in my 20's not teens..I get my birthday off at work! I'm SO happy! Thank you Memorial Day! Steve said we can do anything. I really want to go to the Zoo. It's been a tradition since I was super young. I'm a kid at heart anyway. But I also really want to go dancing at the place by the purple turtle. We haven't been there since our first date. literally. It's this cute little country dancing place in Pleasant Grove. Who knows?
Which reminds me, it's grandma's birthday Sunday. I need to work on her present! :)
That's something I need/should be doing since I have this extra free time!
Well, I guess that will be all of my ramblings for today.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Early Birthday!!!!(I just wanted to be the first person to wish you happy birthday) I am glad the power went out for you, it's always nice to have things like that happen once in a while.

Krystal said...

thats pretty sweet you got to leave work early. Im lucky that I can come and go when I want with my job because I already have my replacement and so I just get to hang out until I have this baby.

Lindsay said...

I swear I feel like my life revolves around a computer too! Too funny. Don't you just love technology though?!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, you are such a sweetheart!