Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Potential Road Rash.

Funniest story of my life..seriously!

Okay, so this actually happened last year during the fall. I can't remember the exact date, but it was when I was having to go to physical therapy for my big toe. Lol that's pretty funny to. It was ridiculous going to physical therapy for a couple times a week for my big toe after my bunionectomy...and wearing that boot for 3 months?! 3 VERY long months...

Anyway that's not the story. This is:

So, one of the days when I went to physical therapy Steve and I had paid my copay and walked out the door. We got into our car and all of a sudden we see the receptionist just HAULING- barreling chaotically out the door after us.
She's waving in her hand a small white piece of paper. Steve and I look at each other wondering what she's doing. Before she reaches the parking lot she has to take a flight of stairs to reach the elevation of where the cars are parked at. She's ascends up the stairs two steps at a time. However, as she reached the top she missed the last step and started to fall forward. At this point it looks like she is going to eat concrete..breakfast, lunch and dinner. As she stumbles forward, she makes a valiant attempt to maintain her partial upright position by flailing her arms in a mad frenzy. It looked like she was going to wipe out at least 5 or 6 times as she continued forward at a rapid pace. Her momentum carried her at least 10 ft away from the top of the stairs. After she gained control, she found herself a couple feet past our car. Out of breath and red in the face, she knocks on my window and hands me the white paper and says "Here's your receipt."

I had to bite my tongue, and just smile so I wouldn't laugh hysterically. As soon as the window was rolled up and sealed shut, Steve and I laughed so hard we cried. We STILL laugh so hard to this day as we imagine that diligent receptionist trying at all expense to not experience the worst case of road rash the state has ever seen! This memory will always make me smile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! ROFL!!! That was SOOO funny! I've totally gotta show Gavin this story LOL!!! Thanks for sharing! Made my morning! LOL

Steve and Brooke said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh man, that is hilarious! What a great story! That poor lady! Good thing you got your receipt, huh? Phew! Ha ha!!!

Krystal said...

thats pretty funny. I bet she felt so embarassed. And I would still laugh so hard if I saw that.