Sunday, May 23, 2010

Parable of the Princesses



On Sunday, I didn't have to teach, and it was Robin's turn. It was a nice break to be able to the listen instead of teaching. Even though I really enjoy teaching a lot now.

She shared the story of the Parable of the Princesses. It's not only a book, but it's also an audio. While the story is being told there is also music. Jenny Phillips has always been one of my favorite singers. Her music really touches me. Music in general always has been a huge influence on me and sometimes I've felt the spirit the strongest by music.

In one part of the story it shares one of the princesses being saved by her brother. The brother in the story represents Christ. As the music was being played and the story being told I felt the spirit so stongly. I could feel the savior's love for me.
I've been in kind of a slump lately. If that's the right word. Just really discouraged.
It's a great comfort to know that my savior knows how I feel. He knows me, and everyone individually. The story made a great point that I'm a daughter a god. He did the ultimate sacrifice for me because he loves me.

I'm so grateful to Robin for teaching this story this sunday. I know I needed to hear it, and the girls needed it to. I think every woman does.

2 comments:

Steve and Brooke said...

I LOVE Jenny Phillips!!!! I love this post:)

The Belshes said...

I actually sang in Jenny Phillip's choir and sang a lot of songs from there. I love her music!! Too bad work got in the way of me still singing with them :( It was a great experience though!!