Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend with my long lost Sister.

Yep, you read the title right. This weekend I spent time with my older sister, Kristan. Kristan lives in Dallas, and we never-ever get to see each other.

It was seriously one of the best weekends that we've had in a long time. Not only did I get to know my older sister a little more, but I was also able to meet her hubby. Who, is also super awesome.

To be honest, I've always wanted to have an older sibling to talk to, and give me advice in regards to things. Don't get me wrong-I love giving advice to my younger siblings, but growing up I always wanted someone older (besides my parentals ;) )to talk to.

This weekend was awesome. We definitely over packed the weekend with things, but it was great getting to know her more and to meet her guy.

Friday night everyone met up at Gecko's and had dinner and then at 10:30 pm we all decided to go cosmic bowling! How awesome is that? Or crazy should I say? ha ha. Steve and I are such party-poops at night it was amazing that we had enough energy to do that! It was super fun though-all the guys had a lane and then all the girls-(minus Jade:we missed you!)


Saturday morning we had our family pictures taken, and then in the afternoon we had Kristan's baby shower with all the Anderson Ladies. Kristan got a lot of really cute stuff, and I'm pretty sure she enjoyed the party.









After the party we all went to Park City and went to the Olympic Park Museum. We were all getting super hungry, so we hit up a cute pizza and noodle shop-mmm! I love pizza. The food was delish, and the company was even better.





Everyone was pretty tired, so in the evening we just bummed around the house in our jammies talking and enjoying each other's company.

Sunday morning (today), we woke up and had breakfast at mom and dad's and then we went to the conference center to show Kristan and Sean. Unfortunately, time came quickly and around 1:30 they had to head to the airport. It was definitely sad saying our goodbye's-but our goodbye's are only for a short while-I can't wait to see them again! Not only did I gain a big sister this weekend, but I also gained an older brother too. I'm really so glad Kristan married such a nice guy like Sean-they make a perfect pair!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I didn't remember that you had an older sister! How fun to be able to get to know her better! Hope you guys are well...as soon as we get a little settled here, I think it's time for another chat and catch up! I love that we always just spend the whole night talking....one of these times we'll actually play a game or something! ;)