Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve and Christmas!!

Christmas Eve:

Christmas Eve we went to Grandma and Grandpa Ford's house. We had (of course) a delicious dinner, and tons of sweets! Yum! I just love the Holidays!!
We played lots of games, and mingled with everyone. I even won a gift card to Robintino's! holla! :)
I really loved how at the end of the night, we ended the party with Bob reading the Nativity story in the Bible. Then everyone sang "Holy Night." I loved how all the family sang together, and you could feel the spirit as we sang.
One of my most favorite memories is when my Great Grandpa Joe would read from the bible, and all of us kids/cousins would dress up and do the Nativity scene.
I just love this time of year!!!
After our fun time at Grandma and Grandpa's Steve and I headed over to my parents house around 930ish. My parents every year give each of the kids Pj's. It's one of my very favorite traditions! So, we had to go and get those! We ended up staying there playing games, and eating more food! We had a really fun night!
Steve and I even opened up our presents early for one another, since we would be getting up early to head over to the Ford's house. I absolutely LOVED my gift from Steve, and he loved his too. He opened it, and got his present set up on our night stand. :)

Christmas:
Christmas morning came too quickly. I was soo tired! Steve and I managed to shower and get ready. (minus me doing my makeup!) We met over at the Ford's at 8:00am because PRESTON was calling!! :) Soo exciting!
We had such a nice time talking to him. He's still the same Prest, but you can tell he's grown up a lot. We were able to talk to him for a little over an hour. It was so nice just to hear his voice. He is such an awesome missionary, you know that he loves the people in OR. I still can't believe that he's coming home the beginning of June!

Ellen made her famous Kiesh for breakfast, with orange cinnamon rolls! Always a hit! (mom Anderson also makes this breakfast every Christmas, so no matter what place we hit up first on Christmas we always get a GREAT breakfast). We enjoyed breakfast, and then we opened up presents. Can I just say Steve and I are spoiled?! We got so many nice gifts.
Before we knew it, it was already time to head over to Grandma and Grandpa Ford's again. We had a nice lunch, and grandma and grandpa handed out the Christmas gifts. We didn't stay too long, because we needed to see my family too!

So, around 3ish, we went to my parents and opened presents there. gosh..so many presents, hence the fact I said we are spoiled. We got SO many nice things. Thanks again everyone!

My mom and dad made a delicious dinner for everyone! Dad made his famous Ham, and mom made potatoes! It was delish!

we played games and hung out with the fam for a while!
Then to end the night, we went back over to the Ford's played Apples to Apples and watched a movie.
We had an Awesome Christmas! We are super blessed to have such awesome families!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow! What a busy/fun Christmas! Looks like you guys had a great time!