Sunday, December 27, 2009

Anderson Christmas Party 2009

The Anderson party is always something Steve and I look forward too! Every year my uncle Dennis and aunt Carol have the yearly Christmas party at there house. It's been going on now for 21 years! It seriously is a highlight for my Anderson side of the family! I absolutely LOVE it!!



We started off the party with some delicious-o food, and mingling with all the fam!

Then everyone sang Christmas songs. Everyone was divided into groups and had to sing on "stage." When we were younger we all had to do a talent, but now that everyone is older we all just sing Christmas songs.
After the singing, we all played the White Elephant gift exchange game. Which is always WAY fun!!! Some of the stuff that's brought is just plain disgusting. Everyone is constantly laughing and having a good time. Our cute lil' Grandma Anderson dressed up as Mrs. Clause this year for all the young kids (they opened there presents up before we played the white elephant game).
After the white elephant game, we did our annual RAFFLE!!! This is one of my very favorite parts of the Christmas party. You have to be 12 and older to participate. I remember when I was younger I wished I could be older just to participate in this. My aunt and uncle every year get really fun prizes for everyone if your raffle number ticket is drawn. Then they do the grand prize raffle. Steve and I trade our tickets every year with our cousin Jerry, and so it's super funny if one of us gets it. The grand prize is a nice certificate out to dinner somewhere. Steve and I have one the last two years in a row, but this year Kris one! :)


After the games, we all had dessert and then we all headed home! We had such a great time! We love the Anderson Christmas party, I can't wait again until next year!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun! We missed you guys on Christmas Eve! Looks like you had two awesome parties! Hope you had a great Christmas!

The Cook Clan said...

How fun is that!!!! Looks like lots of people equals lots of fun!