Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Randomness

Conference weekend was a lot of fun. We went to the Ford's cabin, like we do every conference and spend time with the fam. We play games, eat great food, and watched conference! I really loved conference. It always goes by way too fast.
I really loved when President Monson spoke on service. I thought it was awesome how he received so many cards and my favorite, was the "warm fuzzy" jar. How cute is that? I love how conference always brings me up, and makes me want to do better.
I need to do more service.

Steve taught me and my sis in law how to drive a stick-shift!! Ya ya! I'm so excited! Our Honda isn't automatic, and so I can only drive my truck, which is fine...but how nice is it going to be when I can go grocery shopping and take the civic and not pile all the grocery's on me! So excited about that!! Steve tried teaching me when we were first married, and I got too frustrated. I love driving the civic. It's a lot more fun, but I'm not willing to drive it in the snow (when that comes). Too scary.

I'm still not prego. Which is disappointing, I wish that I was. Hopefully soon.........

Steve and I bought our first big purchase!! New couches! I was seriously stressing over it. It's not like we didn't have the money for it, but it's a big purchase for us, and I just stress..it's how I am. I absolutely love the new couches, they are a GREAT upgrade from our last. I can't complain though, our last couches were given to us.

I'm already tired of the cold. I HATE the cold weather. I LOVE the Holidays though.

I'm really bummed that I have to work Friday's this month. I loved my 4-10 days. Steve has Friday's off now too. I loved having a long weekend with him.

I finished reading Twilight and New Moon again. I'm SOOO excited for the new movie! Can November come fast enough?




5 comments:

Jenny said...

You are funny! I think we are super similar in a lot of ways...we just bought new couches and I was totally stressing about them. And we even got them wholesale so it was a killer deal, but yep, I just stress! Don't worry about the baby thing because honestly, it happens when the time is right. And you won't realize it until you look back on it, but it really does. Just enjoy your time with Steve and be patient (which is easy to say, right?) and hopefully things will work out soon. You better not keep it a secret for too long either when it does happen!

Lindsay said...

I didn't know you were trying for a baby! That's so exciting! Good luck, everything will work out just the way it's supposed to, no worries! But I know how you feel - I'm a worrier too. Especially when it comes to big purchases, I'm sure the couches are gorgeous and totally worth it though! Enjoy every minute with Steve - it's so hard to squeeze in alone time with a baby, but it's amazing at the same time. Just enjoy this part of life, it won't come around again for a very long time! And P.S., I'm sure that baby will be ADORABLE when he/she is ready to come!

Krystal said...

I love stick shift I think they are fun. My first car was a stick. Yay for new couches one day we will get new ones I can't wait. our couch was mikes parents way old one but it serves its purpose.

Lindsay said...

Hey! I love Garnder Village too - Weston and I were there for the Witchapalooza - it was crazy! It was very packed, but very fun! He had a blast! You should definitely go sometime!

Megs said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Isn't conference the best...church in pjs cant beat that haha but that is cool that you listened to my dads cd. and yep he just made another one and it is almost done he is taking pictures for the cover now and getting all that ready.