Monday, August 31, 2009

River Rafting Adventure

Dang the weekends sure go by fast. I can't believe it's already another work week! Our weekend with one another was a lot of fun! Like I mentioned in my last post, we went to the cabin for the weekend with mom and dad Ford.

Friday we went boating for most of the day, and it was SOOO nice!!!! I LOVE boating! Boating is seriously one of my very FAVORITE things to do. We were all able to get a couple runs in, and the water was perfect! We had lunch, and also was able to take a little nap, enjoying the nice weather.
We went back to the cabin around 4, we all ate dinner and then Steve, Ellen and I played some games while Bob worked outside. I seriously love Ellen. She is so much fun to be around! I seriously am super blessed to have such an awesome mom-in-law.

After we played some games, the three of us went to this little educational meeting that Manilla does. (I can't remember what they call the meeting) Any who, the lady who spoke, had a slide show on the old west outlaws. I'm not going to lie, at first I was a little unsure of how interesting this would be, but once we got there and listened to lady speak, it was REALLY interesting. It was also really nice to be sitting outdoors enjoying the night sky.
The educational meeting lasted about an hour, and then we went back to the cabin and had some chips and salsa with a smoothie. We enjoyed our snacks outside on the new patio they put it in. :)

Saturday morning we met with our family friend, Alan at Dutch John. (it's an hour away from Manilla) Alan is a super sweet guy, he invites the Fords every year to go river rafting with all of his family. Steve and I went 2 years ago, and we loved it! I couldn't wait to go again.
Not only do we enjoy the GORGEOUS view of the river, but everyone has a HUGE water fight. Everyone brings squirt guns, buckets, you name it. It's really funny because you can make alliances with other rafts and then target at one specific one and "corner" them. It's So dang fun! I wish I had pictures of the fight, but we don't have a water camera....maybe next year?

Our weekend get a way was so nice! I had a great weekend, thanks again mom and dad Ford!
*I'll post pictures this weekend!! I haven't had any time to download the pics on our comp :)



3 comments:

Allie said...

So jealous! Thanks for the photographer info/website. They look really reasonable and seem to take great pictures. We might just go through them. All the sites I've been looking at in the SLC area are like a $150 sitting fee and then a $300 minimum purchase on top of that for prints....yeah, right!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like such a nice weekend! How fun! I'm glad you guys had a nice time, I'm excited to see pictures!

Jenny said...

So fun! And I think that was so sweet what you said about Ellen...she really is great! And she always seems to know the funnest games! On an unrelated note, we're officially doing a cousin game night. Sarah said Saturdays work best for them because she has school on Friday, and she also said that we should do it before Thanksgiving, and I totally agree! So...text me and tell me a few weekends that would work good for you guys, oh, and can you ask Jase and Shannon? Thanks!!