Monday, August 24, 2009












Extremely Grateful


Wow, words just can't describe how grateful I am. This weekend was absolutely amazing!! The fact that Steve and I were reunited makes me so HAPPY!!


Thursday night my little sister Kjersti slept over. My mom and dad went on a river rafting trip with some friends, so Kj was able to come and help me decorate for Steve's arrival on Friday!
I had a lot of fun with little Midge! She helped me blow up balloons, and helped me put up the banner that I made Steve.
On Friday morning, she even did my nails and hair! What a sweetheart! :) She wanted me to look extra special for Steve. She also kept me pretty occupied, so i wouldn't go crazy waiting for him to arrive!

Steve came HOME at 3, and even though I was pretty occupied the time seriously couldn't come fast enough!
Steve called me as he was driving into the neighborhood, so I ran outside and waited for him. It was such a relief to have my husband home and safe with me. Seriously, words can't describe how happy we both were to be back together again.
Steve is SOO sweet too. He surprised me with roses! How sweet and thoughtful is that? He just drove a two day drive, and still picked me up roses. I seriously am so lucky.

After many tears, and catching up we were able to just spend time with one another. It was so wonderful eating dinner at our home and cuddling on the couch watching a movie, it was perfect.

Saturday morning, I had to take a double take when I saw Steve laying next to me in bed. I knew he was home, but it almost seemed like it was too good to be true.
Saturday was a fun day for us! Todd and Larissa asked us to come over, they wanted to show Steve their new Town home. I already had seen the town home, but they surprised both of us when we were greeted by a new little puppy!! It's so cute! They got a Maltese/Schnauzer mix. The puppy is super cute! They named the little guy Polo. It was a lot of fun to see them and their new little addition to their family.
Later, Steve and I went to the Country Fest for South Jordan. South Jordan celebrated 150 years! It was really fun, they had a carriage ride from the parking lot to the park where we had our packed lunches. All the food there was only 5-10 cents! (celebrating what it would be like 150 years ago) They also had a band playing, a coach ride and games for kids. They also had old fashion pictures for only $10.00! You seriously can't go wrong there. It was a really fun date night, and didn't cost very much!
Later that night, Whit came over and stayed the night with us while Steve's parents were out of town.

Sunday, was definitely special. Sunday morning the three of us went to the Oquirrah Mountain Temple dedication. I loved every minute of it. The talks and music were wonderful, and I was sitting right next to my eternal companion. I felt overwhelmed by the spirit, and so happy to be able to participate in such a neat event. Steve and I really are so blessed to have one another, and that we have such an amazing prophet and church.
After the dedication we were all able to go home, and relax. Marie called me and asked if Steve and I could watch little Deni, while they went to the temple dedication. We of course said yes! We love little Deni! We also wanted to see Tim and Marie. We love there little family!

Steve and I had SO much fun watching her! She is seriously so cute. I can't wait for when Steve and I have our own little kids. Hopefully, that will be in the near future!
To end our Sunday night, we went over to Steve's parents house and had dinner with the fam. We also have a good time spending time together!
Steve and I were definitely worn out from the weekend, we fell asleep on the couch at 8, and didn't move into bed until 3:30!

We had such a fun weekend together, and I'm SO happy that my hubby is here to stay!!!

7 comments:

Chris and Hilary said...

I am glad Steve made it home safe and sound! Chris and I have never been apart more than two weeks so I can only imagine how hard that must have been on you. Good luck with the Pharm School applications! Let me know what you find out.

Britton and Aubrey said...

Wahoo! Steve is home! I bet you are loving every minute of it. Britton was gone recently to Girls Camp for 3 days and I was going crazy. I don't know how you did it! You are amazing!

Jenny said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm happy that you were able to endure such a rough summer; I know it must have been really hard. I will say, that having spent so much time apart, I bet that you appreciate each other even more (not that you didn't before, but you know what I mean), and I bet you really appreciate the simple things, like cuddling on the couch to watch a movie. I'm so glad that this long summer is over for you!!! We just love you guys!


P.S. I hope that you have your own little family soon too! ;) You need to come visit us and meet Flint!

The Lorenzen'z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lorenzen'z said...

Hmmm...

I messed something up with the last comment.
Welcome back to Utahr, Stevie.
Can we cuddle some time?

Krystal said...

Im so glad steve is home for you and that you get to be together more often now. Sounds like a good weekend to have each other back.

Jolynne said...

It's good your having a great summer now that Steve is home...Well at least what's left of it! :)