Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

I survived the 3 1/2 months w/out Steve!! Steve is driving home TOMORROW!!! I can't wait! I'm seriously counting down the hours! AHH!! The time just can't come quick enough. I wish that the drive didn't take him 2 days...

This last weekend was a lot of fun! I was able to drive to Centerville to visit Steve's cousin Shannon. Her hubby was at scout camp, so what a perfect excuse to get together and have a girls night! I had a lot of fun w/ her making a homemade cucumber mask. The mask didn't turn out exactly like we expected, but it did leave our faces a lot smoother. :)
We also watched High school Musical 3! I LOVE those movies!




On Friday, I was able to hang out with Marie and Deni! Oh how I've missed them! I was able to see Marie's GORGEOUS house all decorated, and we were able to catch up and have lunch.
Later that day, I went over to my in law's house and hung out with Whit! We went shopping for a bridal gift, and then went to Jamba Juice.

On Saturday, Whit and I went to the bridal shower for Krissi, it was really nice. She had an open house and breakfast. After the bridal shower Whit and I went and watched her friend play soccer at Riverton High school.
After the game, I went over to my mom's house and made my very first homemade salsa!!
My parents were so nice, and let me plant my first salsa garden at there place! So, it was really fun being able to cook with the vegetables that I had planted and grown! The process was really long, but WELL worth it!
After making Salsa, I went back over to my in laws and had mom Ford and Whit try the salsa, and then we watched "Sweet Home Alabama."

Sunday was also a busy day! I went to church, and was in nursery. We now have 17 kids assigned to our class. Usually, only 8-9 max show up. Today we had 13!! The kids were all pretty good, and it's always fun getting hugs from them. I love when the kids say "Sister Ford." One little girl calls me "Mr. Ford." I correct her, and she says that's what I said. he he. I just love the kids!
After church My landlord/friend Sherry had her Birthday BBQ, so I celebrated with them most of the night, and then it was my little brother Kolten's Priesthood Ordination!! I can't believe my baby brother is now an Elder. He is preparing now to go on his mission. I'm SOO excited for him!!

Phew, what a busy weekend!

I really just can't wait to see Steve!! Only 2 more days....


5 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay!!! I am happy that your summer is finally over! :)

Lindsay said...

Oh that will be so nice to have Steve with you again! I hope he travels safe and that you guys have a blast when you get back together! So fun! And I can't believe Kolten is going on a mission soon either - what happened to our baby brothers?

Krystal said...

Oh happy day. Im so glad you get to be together again. And what a busy but fun weekend.

Jenny said...

Steve should be coming home TODAY!!! WAHOO!! I'm sorry that we never had a girls night... I think I might be the worst cousin ever!! :( But now that Steve's home we will have to have a game night! Let me know when you guys could have game night.

The Cook Clan said...

That is so exciting! I'm impressed you lasted 3 1/2 months. Better than I could do!