Thursday, August 8, 2013

Miracles Happen-Part 2

When Steve walked in the hospital, I felt some relief. We both hugged as tears kept going down our faces.  We were both worried.  I started to feel more pressure and cramping in my back so we told the front desk.  They then got a room set up for me, so that I could lay down and get things started.
As Steve and I were in our hospital room we both said a prayer to our Father in Heaven to please protect Beckham.  It was a really tender moment for Steve and I.  How grateful I am for Steve and for the power of prayer. The nurse came soon after and started getting me hooked up to monitors and listening to Beckham's heart.

My dr. came in told me the procedure again, and what things could happen.  He told me both the good and bad.  If the cerclage works I go on bed rest and hopefully go full term.  The risk of doing the cerclage now (since my cervix is thin) is that the needle he uses to sew the cervix could break the water and we lose him.  Of course I had a lot of fear when he told me the risk, BUT we would lose him if we didn't do this procedure.  The dr. than said we need to get this going before the cervix thins any more.  We told the dr. we want to go ahead with the procedure but we wanted to be left alone for a minute so that I could receive a blessing.  Both of our parents came to the hospital as well, and so Steve and both of our dad's were able to give me a blessing.  I am SO grateful for the power of the priesthood.  I felt comfort and peace as the nurses wheeled me back into the operating room.

I won't go into detail about the actual procedure, but I know that Beckham and I were both being watched over.  I have aways been so scared of the idea of an epidural, and sure enough I had to have an epidural for this procedure. I also had to be wide awake.  It's amazing how calm I felt, and how I didn't care what needed to be done.  I just wanted our baby safe.  It's crazy how much I already love Beckham.  I would do anything for him.  I put all my fears aside, and relied on my Father in Heaven.
I was wheeled back into the room and was told that I would need to stay overnight. The procedure was a success and our little one is safe.  I woke up so many times that night for multiple reasons, but I just remember feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude and joy.  How grateful that I didn't lose our little Beckham that night.

Dr. ordered that I go on bed rest.  Possibly bed rest for the entire pregnancy.  He has never had this happen before.  That's why this is such a miracle.  Most women who find out they have an incompetence cervix usually ends bad.  They usually miscarry the first pregnancy and than for other pregnancies they do a cerclage.  Dr said he usually does a cerclage at 13 weeks, and way before the cervix starts thinning.  Our baby is a miracle.  Every time I've talked to the nurse-Cindy, she always says she knows there was divine intervention that day.  She knows it.  Steve and I know it to.


1 comment:

J+M=L said...

Finally the second part!!! :) I got chills as I read this! Totally a miracle and I'm so glad for you!