Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Life is Full of Surprises.


I went back to work for 2 weeks and loved getting out of the house for 4 hrs a day.  It was nice to be back in my normal routine (sorta).  I LOVE having a schedule and being productive. It's just how I am. I have always been this way.
Steve and I went to the doctor's for my regular check up and we were excited to see our little man again.  They measured him via ultrasound, and he is still growing a week a head of my due date! He is healthy and I loved seeing him!! Seriously.  Miracle every time I see him.
They also measured my cervix, and unfortunatley it looked thinner.. My doctor was on vacation, and so the nurse advised that I go back on bed rest until I heard from my doctor.  So, that's what I did.

My doctor called me two days later in the evening.  I was really surprised to get a call from him considering it was already 6:30ish.  Side note-My doctor is the best doctor ever. Steve and I are sooo grateful that he is our doctor. He genuinely cares about me and Beckham.
Any way, so he called to check on me and to see how I was doing.  Wanted to make sure I wasn't getting contractions etc.. He then told me that it is critical that I am on bed rest. I'm to be on bed rest until Beckham is born.  My heart sank.
Once I got off the phone with my doctor I told Steve the news.  I felt worried, and wondered how am I going to be on bed rest until November?
I am so grateful for Steve.  He is such an amazing husband. I could tell he was worried as well, but was very positive and knew just what I needed to hear.

I can't even express on this blog how grateful and humble I have felt the past week.  We have such amazing family and friends who have gone above and beyond for us.  Simple visits, phone calls, meals, letting me know that people are here for us.  There are so many things that I could list and go on and on of service that has already been done for us.  Steve and I are very blessed.

I honestly didn't know HOW I was going to lay here for months...I prayed for guidance and peace. I had the thought come to mind that I need to make myself a schedule. So that's what I did.
 I'm now learning Swedish, baby sign, making file folder games and I have a list of other things that I'm going to be doing until our little one is here.  It has made such a difference.  I feel happier, and how can I complain?  Every day I get to feel our little one kicking around.  He reminds me why I am laying here day after day.  A couple months of laying here is nothing because in the long run we get a baby boy at the end of this.

This morning I got a phone call from my manager, the claims manager and the HR department letting me know that they are laying me off. After talking to them I started to cry.  I felt both sadness and peace.  Steve and I have been praying and talking about what the plan is when Beckham is born.  Steve graduates next May, so we were leaning on the idea of me working until than. Steve and I both knew that we received our answer.  I'm going to be a stay at home mommy! What I have longed for, for years!!! We both feel at peace and are excited that I'm going to be the one raising him.
Life is definitely full of surprises, but what comfort it is knowing that God is in charge.


Here I am at 22 1/2 weeks! I'm now at 24 1/2 and my belly is definitely getting bigger!!:) Love seeing my belly get bigger--means our little guy is too!




**Baby Update: **
-Beckham is a pound and 6oz. (as of last Tuesday)
-I crave sweets, especially ICE CREAM!! 
-I wake up every morning between 2 and 3 to use the restroom
-Beckham sometimes wakes me up in the night! He really moves around at night
-I got a bloody nose once a day for a week. Thank goodness that has stopped!
-My hair is getting thicker and nails longer..I know that will end come his due date



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh Keira - I'm so sorry - I need to come see you soon! Hang in there, November will be here before you know it!