Wednesday, September 21, 2011

5 Year Anniversary.



Celebrate good times c'mon... Steve and I just celebrated our 5 year Anniversary! How neat is that? 5 years-that's a milestone. :)

This year for our anniversary, life really hit is. We are definitely turning more and more into adults. Life keeps going whether it's your anniversary or not. We both kept busy on our special day at work and of course school. You know the last 3 weeks have definitley been a huge adjustment for us. Steve is ALWAYS studying. Seriously. I didn't comprehend how busy he really would be. We are both super happy though that he was accepted into pharmacy school and know that it will all be worth the sacrifices for the next 3 years.

Even though we didn't get to spend the whole day together we still had a nice day. In the morning, I was surprised with roses on the counter with the cutest poem that Steve wrote.
Here's what the poem said:

5 Year Anniversary

5 years have come and gone,
It's hard to believe it's been so long

It's true, time flies when you're have-in fun
Especially when you're my world's sun

You're my everything, you're my all,
I swear it's from heaven, you did fall

I love you more each passing day
For your kindness in action & all that you say

I love you more each passing week
For you laughter is like a happy, bubbling creek

I love you more each passing month
For ever time you kiss me, I feel like a love-sick drunk.

I love you more each passing year
Our love and marriage, I sure hold dear

Our past has been great as you can see
But our future together runs through eternity

I want to thank you for being such a sweet wife
You're my everything, you're my whole life

I love you now, I love you forever,
For you I will do whatsoever

Sweetest thing ever. Seriously. Last time he wrote me a poem was on our first Valentines day together and it melted my heart. This one melted my heart even more. He's seriously so good at poetry. I'm a lucky woman.



After work and school, we went to Tepanyaki and had a nice dinner with one another.



And then when we got home, he got his surprise from me.:) I gave him a homemade card-of course. And then I had him close his eyes and go into our room- I put glow in the dark stars all over our room. Where we talked under the stars and then watched our wedding video.


Steve is my sweetheart.my best friend.my better half. This year is definitely a huge change and adjustment for us but I know it's all worth it in the end. We are in everything together. I sure love you Steve! So happy I get to spend not only my time on earth with you but for all the eternities.


4 comments:

The Godfreys said...

wow I can't believe how fast time goes! Congrats. You guys gave cute presents to each other!

J+M=L said...

Happy anniversary you love birds! :) Enjoy all the time you have for just the two of you right now!

Krystal said...

Happy anniversary how wonderful. School is hard when it takes up all their time but it will go by fast. I can't believe we are in our 2nd year its crazy. Lots of sacrifice but is so worth it. Good luck and have fun.

Whitney said...

Happy anniversary you guys! That's exciting!