Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lightbulb.

You know. I've been thinking. I'm always thinking....

Why didn't I realize this sooner?

I've been battling the fact that I don't have a little bambino in my life for quite awhile now. Where I've really felt down and discouraged. When really it all makes sense in the scheme of things. Steve is going to be in school for 3 years. 3 years!! Pharmacy school is super intense and I've heard nothing but the fact that it completely keeps him busy. Busy time means-not as much me and him time.
Steve hasn't been excepted yet in pharmacy school, but I just keep getting these feelings that we are going to have change in our life.
You know, generally I don't do well with change. But, I've felt at peace.

Last night Steve and I had FHE and I read in the Ensign-The Savior's Compassion by S. Kent Brown. The story is about the miracle of the apostles catching multiple fish. When I've heard that story before that's all I've really thought about it, it was a great miracle. But, the story goes into deeper meaning eventually getting to the point that the Savior was really looking out for the apostles and for all of their families while they were going to dedicate their lives to the gospel. In that location it was common for fish to be pickled, allowing them to be good for a long time. So, that amount of fish in those size of boats helped the apostles families be financially stable while the apostles did the Lords work.

This story really opened my eyes. It's so easy to look at what's going on now and not really see the whole picture for things. Why are things happening the way they are or not for that matter? The way that I want them to? It's easy. It's all in the Lord's time. I really know that Steve and I haven't had a baby yet because this time is me and him time. 3 years in school really isn't that long. But, we've been able to build a strong relationship with the years that we've had just me and him time. No babies. Makes complete sense. The Lord does have compassion over me, and us. I just needed to soften my heart to get that answer.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey cute girl! I haven't been checking blogs lately, so I'm sorry for my lack of comments on yours. I just wanted to say I love you, and you have a great perspective on things. It took us a long, long, long time to have Landon(5 years), and I would get sad and frustrated. Looking back, there were some pretty rough things I went through during those years, that had I had two kids at the time, I don't know if I would have made it through. Looking back, I see those 5 years were a blessing...it just took me longer to see it. Keep your chin up. Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

You rock girl! Way to go! It took us 5 years to get our first and at the time I hadn't understood WHY we couldn't have had kids sooner. But then when Nathan came into our lives I looked back and it all made sense. I could see the Lord's hand every step of the way and knew that there was a reason to everything that had happened those 5 years and also felt grateful we had those years to grow close together. You're amazing to have that foresight whereas most of us see that only in hindsight!

Lindsay said...

Great post, Keira! Hang in there and good luck with the next little while - all your hard work will pay off big time!

McCall said...

hang in there! If we could just see the bigger picture right! But if life were easy than it wouldn't be hard!

Erin said...

Keira you are my best friend and I really miss you and wish we lived closer. I wish that we had time to really talk and have some fun while we go through things you know. But I still think of you all of the time and wish the best for you. You have an awesome spirit and I am so blessed to call you a friend. I will be here for you forever. PLEASE VISIT ME! I need to visit you too! Call me whenever too. I am always available. LOVE YA

Jenny said...

Keira my dear, I love you! You already know all my thoughts on the subject (I might be crazy but I'm pretty sure you've heard them over and over and over again....thanks for humoring me!!!)! Everything will be okay, and I'm glad you have such an awesome perspective on things. Keep smiling and enjoy life! There is always a reason that things happen the way they do, even when we can't see it. Let's play soon okay!?